Got a Before & After to share? Let's see 'em!

Project updates and progress reports
Gothichome

Re: Got a Before & After to share? Let's see 'em!

Post by Gothichome »

Gina, what a wonderful idea and it looks great. Stencil floor were popular on early Victorian and Georgian . Usually though they imitated expensive inlaid floors. It looks to be a great solution to your problem floor. I bet it took a lot of time and fussing to get the stencilling done.

GinaC
Forgotten more than most know

Post by GinaC »

Thank you! Since my house is on the young side and really has no distinct style, I've tried to create what I call in my head "updated Art Nouveau". It's sort of farmhouse, sort of Tudor, and sort of Arts & Crafts, with a dash of Art Deco modernity.

Actually, the stenciling was the easiest part! I discovered the Royal Design Studio website and their stuff is real quality, especially that gel stencil paint. I sanded that floor down twice, and I was in there filling and staining individual boards by hand before I realized that I would not be happy with just doing that. I'm so glad that it turned out as well as it did, and the other two rooms and hallway will now go much faster since now I know what I'm doing. And I used Minwax Super Fast Drying Polyurethane and I am amazed at how well it lives up to its name!
1939 Minimal Traditional

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Gina and all, came across this little write up on painted floors for those who are interested.
https://www.oldhouseonline.com/interior ... ed-floors/