got a bathtub, yea..

Project updates and progress reports
Manalto
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Re: got a bathtub, yea..

Post by Manalto »

Phil, can you fiberglass the outside of the liner before installing in the tank? That way any leaking concerns would be prevented, wouldn't they?

phil
Has many leather bound books

Re: got a bathtub, yea..

Post by phil »

I managed to get a toilet bowl that is designed to use a wall mounted tank, the inlet is in the back rather than the top. I cleaned it all up with CLR and that removed some calcium from the bottom of the bowl. the pipe between has a bend and it's chrome or maybe nickle plated but quite rusty so I dont know if I should order a repro or do something like have it rechromed, same for the pipes and taps that connect the tub and will be visible.
the toilet is from about the 20's and seems appropriate.

I thk Ill have to take the tank outside and try filling it up and muck around with it. I noticed you cna get the seal for where the "jar" does what the flapper normally does. I'm not sure. there might be different sizes. maybe I can re-create the rubber part.

Im not sure if I should use epoxy or fiberglass , Ill see. I might be able to make a copper liner or something if it leaks or solder it. I'm not sure what Ill need to fix until I can get some idea if it has an issue. the lid for the tank is missing so I need to make a wooden lid.

with the toilet I also got a tank that has a modern style flush mechanism It's painted white and seems to be some sort of epoxy material. it isnt; very heavy. I wondered if it might be some 70's repro thing. It is wall mount and it does look old but it isn't porcelain. I think the wooden one is more exciting.

I accumulated too many cars so I took one all apart. an 88 volvo 740.. I took every thign apart... It took some time. Ill scrap some , a guy is coming for the body today. I'm selling my body for 200 bucks ;-)