Back to the foundation

Project updates and progress reports
phil
Has many leather bound books

Re: Back to the foundation

Post by phil »

ha! I'm so easily misled and yea I guess we are now in the construction zone.. Im not really worried if threads morph into other conversations because it's interesting to hear about some of the other members hobbies, but maybe some care more that it's organized... antiques is fine but our cars aren't really antiques.. well it depends how you classify an antique.. So about that foundation..... ;-)

Nicholas
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by Nicholas »

Oh yea....that...I got morphed somehow.

Now I am going to the back of the barn and morph some more, and make wood wedges, for said foundation.
1915 Frame Vernacular Bungalow

"If it ain't leanin' or a little crooked then it ain't got character"
- local resident

The BumbleBee House

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Nicholas (and others) I had no intention of limiting discussions off topic, it can be a pretty boring discussion debating the merits of different styles of square nails to many. My thoughts were more focussed on limiting the volume of off topic subjects. Us old car guys can talk for ours about old cars, or Phil’s radios, or any one else’s non old home related passion. In my case, talking old cars causes upper management to role her eyes and go shopping.
Also Nicholas, this is your thread, not sure, but can one hijack your own thread?

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Gothichome wrote:Nicholas (and others) I had no intention of limiting discussions off topic, it can be a pretty boring discussion debating the merits of different styles of square nails to many. My thoughts were more focussed on limiting the volume of off topic subjects. Us old car guys can talk for ours about old cars, or Phil’s radios, or any one else’s non old home related passion. In my case, talking old cars causes upper management to role her eyes and go shopping.
Also Nicholas, this is your thread, not sure, but can one hijack your own thread?

Hi Gothichome, there are a lot of boards like this that have a lounge, or talk about anything sections, I thought the District Common would be that place to get merry and loosen up. I really don't care if threads, even my thread, goes off the rails a little, just having fun.

The thing about the old cars is that if you have one at your house, it can be a part of the time warp. An example is that when I first brought this car home, backed it into the leanto of the barn, it kind of added to the look of the old house. Even my daughter said that it looked good sitting in the barn. So I call it an expensive barn decoration.

But yea, it is fun to mix up the conversation a little within a thread. Rules are important, but so is a little insanity. If it wasn't for my insanity, I would go crazy.

- local resident

The BumbleBee House

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Nicholas, according to upper management, if I undo the top two buttons on my shirt she thinks I’ve lost track of reality. :crazy:
The vette was all my work, and except for the paint. It still resides in Calgary, it has won many local car show awards. The 50 fleetline I sold unfinished on moving to Gothichome.

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Gothichome wrote:Nicholas, according to upper management, if I undo the top two buttons on my shirt she thinks I’ve lost track of reality. :crazy:
The vette was all my work, and except for the paint. It still resides in Calgary, it has won many local car show awards. The 50 fleetline I sold unfinished on moving to Gothichome.

Nice! ...and lol on the shirt button thing.

- local resident

The BumbleBee House

phil
Has many leather bound books

Post by phil »

I think district common was meant to be the place to chat about anything and it doesn't need to be about old houses.. we are so naughty talking here about that.. I'd like to hear about the Vette and the Fleetline and any other hobbies people here have. I think discussions like that actually bring posters closer which is a good thing and why not take advantage of the fact that pretty much everyone here has some special hobby or trade or past experience to share. district common says "A place to hang out, chat and post general discussion topics. (Non-technical posts here)" so cars would be general discussion wouldn't it? I always thought he top button was a spare !