My New Fence...

Project updates and progress reports
phil
Has many leather bound books

Re: My New Fence...

Post by phil »

my neightbor had a boyfriend for a while,"professional painter" think he did waaaayy too many hits of acid when he was younger. . anyway he was out on the porch fixing it , then said he'd filled all the knot holes and missing bits, with drywall filler,, but he was using oil based paint so that would protect it and keep it dry so it wouldn't fall apart. he'd done it before.. I gave him a nice smile, and nodded ;-) ok bud..

Sow's Ear Mal
Stalwart

Post by Sow's Ear Mal »

Cool fence!! I like the colour. My daughter in law and I scrounged 12 old doors for their wedding backdrop. They're still in my barn...may have to do something like this. I don't go for the really 'eclectic' look, so I appreciate the fact that all your doors match, and they are all the same colour. It's very stately--can't see how your jerk neighbour would have a problem with this. ;)

Willa
Revered expert in almost everything

Post by Willa »

Sow's Ear Mal wrote: It's very stately--can't see how your jerk neighbour would have a problem with this. ;)

My neighbour suddenly had an irrational, aggressive hatred towards me, with several threatening outbursts, 3 out of 4 times while I was working on the top of the ladder stripping paint. These centered around an alleged cat turd found in her neglected flowerbed. There are three outdoor cats on her side of the street, including one right next door. Since her curtains are always closed, and the neighbour does not own a periscope or security camera, I have no clue why I was the only resident on the street to be yelled at and threatened successive times ? I offered to scoop out her bed and to buy her fresh soil - all of which she refused.

In any event, no representitive from the city has contacted me regarding my fence, so far.

Here is an updated photo as of today, showing the completed fence. I was worried that that my thorough paint prepping wasn't thorough enough, but the paint has stayed stuck, despite the horrific winter so far.

_DSC0009.jpg
_DSC0009.jpg (1.67 MiB) Viewed 616 times

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Maybe she’s mad at not being able to snoop into your back yard. Is here name Mrs Kravitz by chance.
For those under the age of fourty
http://bewitched.wikia.com/wiki/Gladys_Kravitz

Willa
Revered expert in almost everything

Post by Willa »

I wish !

I'm trying to get my Endora look together, but lack the magic powers.

(She had her hostile freakouts BEFORE the fence went up, but was an excellent inspiration for making the fence.)

Samantha-and-Endora-bewitched-5562962-410-360.jpg
Samantha-and-Endora-bewitched-5562962-410-360.jpg (42.65 KiB) Viewed 604 times

Lily left the valley
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Post by Lily left the valley »

Looks pretty nice.

As to the radiant fry, since it's a WIP bed, you can always bump it out a bit further. Might not hurt to put a slight swale between the plantings and the fence to help retain water too.
--Proud member of the Industrious Cheapskate Club
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.

Jeepnstein
Been here a good while

Post by Jeepnstein »

I'd be tempted to top it with some metal "J-Trim" from a roofing supplier. If you flipped the trim over and used it as a cap you could probably extend the life of those doors by quite a few years. It could be painted, or left plain and galvanized.