Gothichome, the restoration of.

Project updates and progress reports
Gothichome

Re: Gothichome, the restoration of.

Post by Gothichome »

As to kitchen progress. This is the final colour for the wainscoting, a creamy white. Actually not to far off of the white paint under the blue. If we are not restoring, at least we can say we are retrovating (been waiting a while to use that H.D. Coined word).

oaktree
Forgotten more than most know

Post by oaktree »

Gothichome wrote:As to kitchen progress. This is the final colour for the wainscoting, a creamy white. Actually not to far off of the white paint under the blue. If we are not restoring, at least we can say we are retrovating (been waiting a while to use that H.D. Coined word).

Love the colors and I love those rosette details!!!
1862 Greek Revival Farmhouse, Michigan

Willa
Revered expert in almost everything

Post by Willa »

The lighter color shows off the details very nicely. Is the light green the final wall color ?

Sow's Ear Mal
Stalwart

Post by Sow's Ear Mal »

Wow! Beautiful progress! Hey...While wasting time in my usual fashion (perusing online auctions) I came across this perfect, non-re-wired parlour oil lamp fixture, and thought of you. It's in Port Perry. Have a look... Mal

https://ontario.hibid.com/lot/35642245/ ... d-lamp1897

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Well, thanks for the kind words, the kitchen is upper managements project. Being the working class I do what I’m told.
Willa, the olive green is the paint that was under the wall paper. The colour we are going with is almost the same colour. So the creamy white with olive walls actually brings the kitchen back to a pre 1962 scheme.
Mal, that is a very nice lamp, it has not been drilled wich is were the value lays. The down side to that lamp, the faunt doesn’t match the shade. Still a nice lamp none the less.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Well, got some more kitchen work done this weekend. Got the ceiling strapped for drywall.
I’ll pick up the drywall over the week. If all works out it’ll be sheeted by the end of the week.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

A page back I posted this pic showing a tin plate over some dry rot.
Well I discovered the water source. The pipes for the very first tub and sink on the second floor.
879D6B2E-02A0-4AF0-8C0B-47D7764F997C.jpeg
879D6B2E-02A0-4AF0-8C0B-47D7764F997C.jpeg (1.3 MiB) Viewed 1010 times

Another mystery solved.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Kitchen ceiling up and mudded, now on to the sanding.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Another step in the wrong direction. Abandoned the counter sink, I’ll get it torn out and the remainder of the old vinyl flooring removed by the end of the week. In the mean time this is out kitchen sink for the next month.
Upper management has her floor and island counter picked out and both have been committed to with the appropriate deposit
Looks like I’ll be delaying my retirement another year :cry:

phil
Has many leather bound books

Post by phil »

I think you have to extend the light pots or move them they need to be flush. , maybe you can use box extenders if you can get them for the light pots? Interesting the flooring is all different widths.. usually if there are holes and patches Ive been successful just replacing parts of flooring and at the same time minimizing the joints, at least ones that happened to be too close to each other. If you are going to put a sink in the island then you might need to resort to a drain waste vent since it might be difficult to have a stack close enough? I always use the metal/ paper corner bead. I find it gets the corners looking clean and sharp , but I guess that's a waste of time if you put a crown molding ? I'd at least use paper tape though or it'll crack in the corner there unless maybe you are covering it anyway .. It looks like you are in the midst of a whirlwind of progress !