Clever passive pothole protest

All things horticultural, the very best gardens the District has to offer can be found here
Lily left the valley
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Clever passive pothole protest

Post by Lily left the valley »

--Proud member of the Industrious Cheapskate Club
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.

Manalto

Re: Clever passive pothole protest

Post by Manalto »

It seems embarrassment is the only motivator these days.

What happened to Toronto? When I got out of college (dinosaurs still roamed the earth) Toronto and Seattle were where people wanted to move to. They were considered vibrant, safe cities.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Manalto, Toronto is still a safe city for city of 2.7 million people. Unfortunately a couple of high publicity events has put a bit of a tarnish on its lustre.
Oh, and one large pot hole.

Manalto

Post by Manalto »

Good to know. I love the Canadian cities that I've visited. My favorite is Vancouver because I lived nearby (Bellingham, WA) for several years. I tend to gravitate to the coasts, but I'll visit Toronto one day. ;-)

heartwood

Post by heartwood »

last week I walked from Vancouver to seattle--150 miles...walked through the peace arch with 70 other walkers from Canada to the US...a lovely day in Bellingham on the way to seattle...first visit to the pacific northwest--loved it!

oh, that pothole with the tomatoes is great!
....jade

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Jade you mentioned this walk a few months ago. It went well I take it? How did the feet hold out?

heartwood

Post by heartwood »

hey gothic, thanks for asking...the walk was fantastic...I belong to a group called Everwalk...it's lead by Diana nyad (swam from cuba to key west) and bonnie stoll (Diana's friend and head trainer)...it's my third outing with them and I am honored to be part of such a wonderful group....lost only one toe nail and a rather nasty toe blister is healing nicely!

......jade

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

heartwood wrote:hey gothic, thanks for asking...the walk was fantastic...I belong to a group called Everwalk...it's lead by Diana nyad (swam from cuba to key west) and bonnie stoll (Diana's friend and head trainer)...it's my third outing with them and I am honored to be part of such a wonderful group....lost only one toe nail and a rather nasty toe blister is healing nicely!

......jade

Jade, good to hear only superficial injuries. What’s your next adventure. Maybe a walk from Detroit to Chatham.

heartwood

Post by heartwood »

I will tell you mid September....don't want to jinx it! I love me a long walk that is for sure!