Baby steps towards the future gardens of Beebe

All things horticultural, the very best gardens the District has to offer can be found here
Lily left the valley
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Re: Baby steps towards the future gardens of Beebe

Post by Lily left the valley »

The weather patterns this year have been a mess for our kitchen crops. We're still trying, and some things are still growing, but I'm starting to accept we may not get much edible bounty this year. :-|

Because of the side work I've been trying to pick up for much needed funds, I've not has as much free time to work in the garden overall. I do what I can when the weather permits, but our progress is slower than hoped even with our reduced focus plan.

I have recently been meeting new garden oriented folks both online and off, and hope some of that will lead to more plant and seed sharing. One person I've met in particular is heading up an effort to start a community garden effort. There's one plot at our local high school that needed some helping hands clearing years of neglect which we've been working on once a week when weather allows. This summer, the local Boys and Girls club has set up some beds there, and I'm in the process of trying to help them get more tools and related supplies they need. We hope to be finished with that, and we're working with some local orgs that have grant funding to share for projects such as we're planning. One of the smaller scale projects is an adopt a flower box downtown here in Gardner. We've been granted one of them, and now I'm waiting to hear back which one so we can start planting things into it. A larger project will be a brand new community garden here in Gardner on land at a school that has since closed because the students were integrated into the newer buildings that have been built in recent years.
--Proud member of the Industrious Cheapskate Club
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.

Lily left the valley
Inventor of Knob and Tube

Post by Lily left the valley »

test
--Proud member of the Industrious Cheapskate Club
--Currently pondering ways to encourage thoughtful restovation and discourage mindless renovation.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Lily left the valley wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:40 pm test
Well that was a successful test Lilly.