Met a member in-person yesterday - serendipity

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Anything non-old-house-related went here, but sometimes it was old-house related too
matchbookhouse
Been here a while

Met a member in-person yesterday - serendipity

Post by matchbookhouse »

I was taking a Garden Week tour of the Middle Peninsula (Essex County) yesterday and decided on the spur of the moment to make my first stop at Woodlawn-Trible, a 1750 saltbox house. Anyway, I started discussing old homes with the woman in line behind me, and she mentioned that she had an 1840 Gothic Revival house. When I asked her where it was, she said "Hartwood". My feeble brain clicked, and I asked her, "Are you Heartwood Roses?" I said, "You used to pose on OHW as "HappyinHartwood" and I was "DowntownDahlgren". She knew who I was then. She is "hartwood" here, and has been busy blogging on her own site a lot. It was just so unreal to meet a fellow OHW and WavyGlass member in real life, and I would have missed it if I hadn't made a U-turn and decided to see that particular house first. Spectacular garden tour, btw.

heartwood

Re: Met a member in-person yesterday - serendipity

Post by heartwood »

kismet! how wonderful...and if you weren't so friendly and into old homes you would not have connected...I love that stuff!
thanks for sharing...
...jade

CS in Low Hud
Forgotten more than most know

Post by CS in Low Hud »

I've met two (Eric and Abuhla), but those were prearranged meetings. How cool to have it happen by happenstance!

Chris

matchbookhouse
Been here a while

Post by matchbookhouse »

heartwood - just wanted to thank you for all the spam reporting you have been doing lately. It's been looking like a Hawaiian cafe in here!

Neighmond

Post by Neighmond »

matchbookhouse wrote:heartwood - just wanted to thank you for all the spam reporting you have been doing lately. It's been looking like a Hawaiian cafe in here!

the OTHER other white meat!

heartwood

Post by heartwood »

Specially Processed American 'Meat'....

I had a hamburger in London one time years ago...it looked like, smelled like and tasted like a round slab of SPAM....maybe that why I became a vegetarian!

and thank you matchbook for thanking me! gotta keep the riff raff out....