Moving sucks...

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Anything non-old-house-related went here, but sometimes it was old-house related too
rncx (WavyGlass)
Knows the back streets

Moving sucks...

Post by rncx (WavyGlass) »

These are my "light" machines ;).

The poor kids I hired to help load up probably disagree, but then again they haven't moved my Powermatic 66 or my 18" planer (yet).

Here is the original promotional pamphlet for the saw on the left and lets just say...that pic is a lie. If you put this thing on your shoulder you're gonna have to call orthopedics first thing in the morning.

--Neal

Haldeman1773 (WavyGlass)
Knows the back streets

Moving sucks...

Post by Haldeman1773 (WavyGlass) »

Lol... Those are light machines! My 1903 Oliver USB tablesaw weighs 2200 lb. throw in a 1920 Crescent 33" bandsaw, 16" jointer, Parks heavy duty planer, DeWalt GE, and a half dozen other vintage commercial machines, and you'll need a rigging company with two 56,000 lb GVW trucks to move your shop. Well.... I did, anyway.

Our move took two four-man crews over two days, with four trucks, plus an entire summer of my wife and I moving the more valuable or delicate items ourselves on evenings and weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rncx (WavyGlass)
Knows the back streets

Re: Moving sucks...

Post by rncx (WavyGlass) »

Yeah, my table saw is a kid's toy in comparison! Powermatic 66 with a 1/2" steel extension that I had the local machine shop build me for a router table, only weighs ~1200 pounds all put together ;).
--Neal

Haldeman1773 (WavyGlass)
Knows the back streets

Re: Moving sucks...

Post by Haldeman1773 (WavyGlass) »

How's the new shop coming together, Neal? Three years post-move, I'm finally building what will be my permanent shop. Been working in an unheated carriage barn the last three years, which means not much gets done most of the winter, and summer is miserable. Looking forward to having a full HVAC system in my shop again!