Old House Spam?

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Anything non-old-house-related went here, but sometimes it was old-house related too
Texas_Ranger
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Old House Spam?

Post by Texas_Ranger »

Has anyone else received any unwanted e-mails from a storm window company called magnetite? It's not classic spam as there seems to be a legit company behind the mails I've received but I never signed up for anything and didn't even know the company until today. My main suspicion is that this might have happened via OHW.

Any ideas?

heartwood

Re: Old House Spam?

Post by heartwood »

over 5 million installed!!! tremendous energy savings!!!
whether it's legit or not, i don't buy such claims...maybe it is a real company but they don't sound preservation minded rather, they sound like marketing nuts...

...jade

CS in Low Hud
Forgotten more than most know

Post by CS in Low Hud »

Yep... I just got it. Thanks OHW... Now we are getting spam even when we don't visit your site.

Chris

heartwood

Post by heartwood »

i contacted the sender of the marketing email and had a good conversation with ray...sounds like he is taking over the company and being more proactive in the advertising department...his type of marketing does not jive with me and i gently shared my opinion...we agreed to disagree on some topics but the conversation was civil and helpful on both sides...he said he did not know exactly where the source of the email addresses came from but i imagine OHW and maybe wavyglass may have been on his radar...

in an age when home depot claims to be your 'neighborhood hardware store', i think we will continue to be inundated with disingenuous marketing claims...

......jade

SkipW

Post by SkipW »

heartwood wrote:
in an age when home depot claims to be your 'neighborhood hardware store',

......jade

What?!? They're not?

what is this world coming to?
Etta says "WOOF"

CS in Low Hud

Post by CS in Low Hud »

heartwood wrote: but i imagine OHW and maybe wavyglass may have been on his radar...
......jade

Yeah, but someone would have to actually sell him our email addresses. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Wavyglass, so that just leaves OHW.

Chris

csnyder (WavyGlass)
Knows the back streets

Post by csnyder (WavyGlass) »

The mailing list didn't come from me. Unless they're exploiting an unknown security hole in phpBB, they must have had a different source.
1916 Craftsman
Image Image