Troubleshooting mind puzzle - for the weekend

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Anything non-old-house-related went here, but sometimes it was old-house related too
Neighmond

Re: Troubleshooting mind puzzle - for the weekend

Post by Neighmond »

Shall I answer?

Neighmond

Post by Neighmond »

Highlight below to see the answer! No peekin' until you wrack your brains to find out!

The trucker lets air enough from the tyres to drop the trailer and allow passage, and drives slowly to the gas station and refills (or uses his onboard compressor.)

SkipW
Forgotten more than most know

Post by SkipW »

My first thought too, but given my last poor shot, I figured it was something more involved...
Etta says "WOOF"

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Phill, I would let half the air out of the tires to lower the height of the tailor. You mentioned the trailer has already started under the bridge so must have made contact some were in the middle. Assuming that the bridge height does not demish further along it length. It should work.

phil
Has many leather bound books

Post by phil »

That was it. letting half the air out of the tires was the solution to getting the truck unstuck from it's situation. Like the light bulb one, it was so simple, but you have to think outside the box a little to solve it. I think old house people are a little more used to that than most.
Phil