My summer is over, back to work

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Anything non-old-house-related went here, but sometimes it was old-house related too
mattswabb
Shakes a cane at new house owners

My summer is over, back to work

Post by mattswabb »

A few years ago the company I worked for announced they were closing our plant and my last day was May 31st. We all received a nice severance and I decided to take the summer off. I start my new job next Tuesday.

It was wonderful to have 3 months off and now I'm in mourning for the loss of my unlimited free time. I did get a lot done this year and I was never tired. Now back to reality and the house now will be my part time job again.

christiner (WavyGlass)
Knows the back streets

Re: My summer is over, back to work

Post by christiner (WavyGlass) »

awwwwww

good luck at your new job!

heartwood

Post by heartwood »

gotta be tough to get back into the routine....but....you and your house sure were fortunate to have the time to dedicate to restoring your windows! guess the second half of your windows will take a bit longer.......
...jade

mattswabb
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by mattswabb »

I actually did more a few more windows last year while working than this year. The difference is that this year I had more time to relax and get other things done. Plus I had to deal with selling the old house and that ate into some on my time.