Pictures from a drone

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
Lower Brambly
Knows the back streets

Pictures from a drone

Post by Lower Brambly »

There was a high school graduation party here last weekend. The graduate's uncle brought his drone and took these pictures Friday afternoon. There are 7 camper trailers scattered around the edge of the yard. The operator of the drone is standing under the tree in front of the house. He wants to return for more pictures, and I want some of green fields. These are not the best quality, since they are from a video. The fields that look dead had corn about 5 inches tall and soybeans 3 inches tall. The graduates family and family friends camped for the weekend and about 60 guests arrived to the day on Saturday. The graduates mother and grandmother had not spoken in 8 years (I don't know why), and they forgave their differences, hugged and cried. So it really was a very special day.

In the picture of the fields, the site of the house built in the md 1700's is between the house and that finger of green at the bottom, about 2/3 of the way from the house. That field has soybeans.
Attachments
Drone shot river fields from creek.jpg
Drone shot river fields from creek.jpg (70.54 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
Drone shot - River House.jpg
Drone shot - River House.jpg (67.05 KiB) Viewed 2236 times

Gothichome

Re: Pictures from a drone

Post by Gothichome »

An interesting view, one I'm sure you have never seen before. Too bad there are no crop marks left of the original home in the field. It would be interesting to see the lay out and positioning in relation to the river. Also, look at the size of that stump. I bet the tree was enormous at the time of the ordinal home. That's the field the archeologist types were looking at?

mattswabb
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by mattswabb »

I'd like to have the use of a drone periodically to fly around and check things I can't see like the chimneys and gutters.

matchbookhouse
Been here a while

Post by matchbookhouse »

I didn't realize your home's location was so close to the creek. You certainly have an amazing view from your front door! Major envy here!

Lower Brambly
Knows the back streets

Post by Lower Brambly »

The house faces the Wicomico River which is only 100 feet from the house. The creek is at the bottom of the bottom of the picture with the field. Yes, there is a lot of waterfront. There is an almost identical porch (without the bump out) and entry door on the road side; so I refer to them as the river front and the road front. The road front is probably the "real" front. As you descend the main stairs, you face the road front door. I'll try to remember to take a picture of the road front. There was a wedding here in May and another wedding this month, so much yard and porch work to do! Guests will not be in the house, except maybe the main hall. I put furniture in front of the doors on the parlor and dining room side of the hall doors so people couldn't open the doors and wander through the house. The May bride. attendants and mothers of the bride and groom dressed upstairs and came out the river front door. So after the wedding people were looking in the front door. A couple did go in. The reception was at another venue. The June wedding will have both the wedding and reception here. The same will happen with the June bride.

The drone operator may return this weekend for still pictures.