From 1941 to 1915 - Hiding the new AC

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
Superbeetle
Been here a while

Re: From 1941 to 1915 - Hiding the new AC

Post by Superbeetle »

You can tell your wife that I adore the green tub! I wish my house had had one. Now you just need a gorgeous green sink to match! Lisascenic put one in her bathroom remodel, if you want to check out her thread.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Super beetle too bad your on the wrong side of the continent. We will be pulling Gothichomes green tub of 1964 vintage. Your hope would have been fulfilled.

Nicholas
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by Nicholas »

Superbeetle wrote:You can tell your wife that I adore the green tub! I wish my house had had one. Now you just need a gorgeous green sink to match! Lisascenic put one in her bathroom remodel, if you want to check out her thread.

I like that style sink! Lord knows what was here, see below:

The Green Tub:

This is the story on the previous owners. The wife was one of the original girls that grew up in the house, in fact she was one of those that was born in the house. She and her husband bought it from the life estate, the rest of the siblings. She later died in the house, heart attack. Her son, was a creepy guy, who was stealing stuff around the hood. My neighbor told me he was caught a few times peeking into her windows.

After the woman died, and the father went into a nursing home, the creepy son gutted the house, took everything, including the copper piping, the toilet and sink, and appliances.

The investment company that took ownership installed PVC plumbing, and put in the current white toilet and sink and refinished the tub with the peeling stuff. They also installed the Gibson central AC, and the electrical upgrade. (The next owner did the flooring in the house)

So! The green tub is in excellent condition, and with my vision, I convinced the wife on keeping it. She is now ok with it....I think....
1915 Frame Vernacular Bungalow

"If it ain't leanin' or a little crooked then it ain't got character"
- local resident

The BumbleBee House

Nicholas
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by Nicholas »

South side view, including barn, on a rainy day.
Attachments
SouthExt2.jpg
SouthExt2.jpg (240.09 KiB) Viewed 1906 times
1915 Frame Vernacular Bungalow

"If it ain't leanin' or a little crooked then it ain't got character"
- local resident

The BumbleBee House

Don M

Post by Don M »

Very attractive setting!