New here but not new to our old house

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
Banner
Just Arrived

New here but not new to our old house

Post by Banner »

Hi All,

I was active on the other forum when we first bought our old place but it's been a while since I had been very involved in discussions. Our project was one of preservation with a careful addition of a master bathroom a kitchen and a second story bathroom gut and restoration. I can post more later but I thought you all might like to just see some pict for now. We are located in La Crosse, WI. The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1987.

PERSONAL Photo Gallery, Before and After! Historic and Present Day! The James Vincent House, La Crosse, WI CLICK HERE!

I also just put up a FB page dedicated to the house, if you have some time please visit it and click LIKE!

https://www.facebook.com/JamesVincentHouse

Thanks, Dan (Banner)

Gothichome

Re: New here but not new to our old house

Post by Gothichome »

Dan, I remember your great home from the other site. Welcome to Wavyglass. I'm sure when I first saw your pics I was astounded. Looking again I am still astounded. We can only dream to get Gothichome looking as grand as your home. Oh, and congratulations on the preservation award.

Ron

Alyson
Settling in

Post by Alyson »

Hi Dan,

Firstly, I hope you are well! Lovely to see your beautiful house again and see the work you've both put into your restoration.

Alyson (aka Lavendar Bush) x

mattswabb
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by mattswabb »

Welcome. You have a wonderful house.

Banner
Just Arrived

Post by Banner »

Alyson wrote:Hi Dan,

Firstly, I hope you are well! Lovely to see your beautiful house again and see the work you've both put into your restoration.

Alyson (aka Lavendar Bush) x

Alyson, Thanks! I am doing okayat the moment. Last year has been lots of up and downs with my lungs. 2 weeks ago I was in the hospital for 5 days with pneumonia. We just found out about 6 months ago that my lung scaring is being caused by an auto immune disease. 3 days ago I started on a course of Chemotherapy that will last 6 months at a high dose and then from 2 years and maybe more at a maintenance dose. Still trying to get a few more things done on the house. Since we are done with most of the major stuff I'm trying to just enjoy spending time here.

Thanks for your welcome. Dan (Banner)

Banner
Just Arrived

Post by Banner »

mattswabb wrote:Welcome. You have a wonderful house.

Thank you Matt! :D

Banner
Just Arrived

Post by Banner »

Gothichome wrote:Dan, I remember your great home from the other site. Welcome to Wavyglass. I'm sure when I first saw your pics I was astounded. Looking again I am still astounded. We can only dream to get Gothichome looking as grand as your home. Oh, and congratulations on the preservation award.

Ron

Ron, Thanks you for the warm welcome. We have really enjoyed being able to spend time at the Vincent House. We are so fortunate that so little had been done to the house over it's long life. I appreciate all that hard work people like you do to try to recapture what was once there. Dreams do come true and that house will be part of your legacy.

Dan (Banner)

clover
Been here a good while

Post by clover »

I remember you (and the missing newel post light) from OHW! Do you have page with more of the history? Just looking through the pictures, I want more of the story! So was Agnes Vincent an only child? How old were her parents (they look much older than the average first time parents). How did you come about all these photos? How did you track down the newel post light? What's up with the jerks who sold all that stuff off piecemeal? So many questions! ;) Great to see you and your beautiful house here.

Eperot
Stalwart

Post by Eperot »

Dan! What a joy to see you pop up over here! I was worried that maybe something bad had happened or perhaps you sold the house. Glad to see it is still in your excellent care. Welcome and look forward to your input around WavyGlass...
Cheers
Eric
Jacob Beaty House, 1874.

Neighmond

Post by Neighmond »

Dan the man! You made it here! I hope your breathing will turn out all right-I got a touch of the lung trouble myself.

You got to look at user MattSwabb's house-he just redid a first floor half bath and put a real neat terlet in there.