Hi, I'm Kansas

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
Kansas.1911
Stalwart

Hi, I'm Kansas

Post by Kansas.1911 »

I am just now getting around to my intro, but I made most of my old house friends on the other board.

My husband and I purchased this home in 2006 and have spent (and spent) many years fixing it up as our retirement home. It is an American Foursquare in near-mint condition on the exterior. As an example of the foursquare style with prairie and colonial revival influences, the house was placed on the National Register in 2012 and on the Kansas Register in 2011 when it was 100.

http://s593.photobucket.com/user/Kansas ... t=2&page=1

If you get into my photo bucket site, you can kill the rest of today going through the 133 photos. There is a main album and three little ones. I drew a rough floor plan, also. Have fun.

You should'a seen this place when we got it. Rough. Rough.
Northeast Kansas
American Foursquare

Kansas.1911
Stalwart

Re: Hi, I'm Kansas

Post by Kansas.1911 »

The newest project here at Kansas2011 was a door.

Our gem of a carpenter hand-built a screen door complete with the SLAM for me. Since it was late in the year, the final paint job had to wait. He took 100-year-old bead board which matches the porch perfectly on the exterior. Then he made a cedar door to last a long time. With screen in the top part, we are ready for spring breezes.

To get by, we had a brand-new door from the hardware store installed in 2006. By 2014, it was held together with duct tape and paint tape. It was time to kiss it goodbye.
Northeast Kansas
American Foursquare

Don M

Post by Don M »

Very nice new door!

nlswitz
Been here a while

Post by nlswitz »

That's a very nice door.