New old house!

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
crystalvision (WavyGlass)
Just Arrived

New old house!

Post by crystalvision (WavyGlass) »

Hello fellow old house nuts!
We are about to close on a National historic home here in SC. You can find it on Facebook Sunnyside house :-) All though this is not our first old house reno, it is our oldest and perhaps the most perplexing? As with a ton of our historic homes in America , it has gone through several "additions" over the past. When we toured the home it left a lot of questions....was it more "farm style" or was it a wealthy farmer? Was it decorated on the fancy side or the more practical side? The house is about 5,000 sq ft with plaster medallions in the ceilings or coffered . In the back of the house (now a kitchen) there is a strange pass through that we were told is a pass through for food since the kitchen help was not allowed in the house.

We are very excited to hurry up and close on the house and take a metal detector to the yard since the house is per-cival war built in 1851. We were thinking of down sizing since all of our children are grown and on their own, but this house pulled us in ....lol..it needs a LOT of love!

Don M

Re: New old house!

Post by Don M »

I just visited your Facebook site; that's a fine looking well cared for home. Welcome to Wavy Glass. :D

wletson
Been here a good while

Post by wletson »

Hi, and nice to have you here.
I took a look on Facebook, too. Absolutely gorgeous, charming house! No wonder it caught your eye. :)
Looking forward to seeing the things that perplex you.
Warren

Just Arrived

Don M wrote:I just visited your Facebook site; that's a fine looking well cared for home. Welcome to Wavy Glass. :D

Thank you so much! Awesome to see so many like minded folks here!

Just Arrived

wletson wrote:Hi, and nice to have you here.
I took a look on Facebook, too. Absolutely gorgeous, charming house! No wonder it caught your eye. :)
Looking forward to seeing the things that perplex you.

OMGosh....lol...that list is long.....It looks like a slightly fancy farm house now.....what it WAS is a whole different question? We are trying to figure out if it was a "grand decor" or a more simple large farm house....lol..as we dig for answers!