Greetings from a former HouseNut

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
Rebecca (WavyGlass)
Just Arrived

Greetings from a former HouseNut

Post by Rebecca (WavyGlass) »

wletson has talked about this place recently and since I checked it out and ended up posting I figured I should say hello. It's been far too long.

We bought what turned out to be an 1826 farmhouse in Eastern Ontario. We started the restore, which turned into a half done renovation to sell and we're now hoping to close a sale and move east to New Brunswick. In 3 weeks time.

If it all works out the house we're looking at buying out there is an 1800's wreck. Maybe the worst that's ever been posted. lol It's tiny, only 800 square feet (plus what I hope to be a workable bedroom upstairs), it has no heat, no hydro and no working water. And we'll be moving in during a nice warm Canadian winter. Thank goodness for generators. :)

I'll have to keep going through posts to catch up but it's nice to (already) see so many familiar names from days gone by. It's nice to see everyone still in old house love.

*waves*
I was formerly known as HouseNut. Now I'm just a nut. :)

Don M

Re: Greetings from a former HouseNut

Post by Don M »

Hi former "HouseNut" & welcome to Wavy Glass. Good to hear from you & hope your new wreck works out for you. Chris has a nice new old house he's been working on & it's fun he's back too. Keep us posted on your progress. Don

wletson
Been here a good while

Post by wletson »

Glad you came and dropped by Rebecca. The adventure you may be heading into is awesome, but I can't imagine moving to the coast with no heat.
Warren

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Well hello from the deep south, Chatham Ontario. Lots of of great old homes in NB and resources to get the 'new' old home up and looking pretty. There are several NB'rs here, Shazzapple the most prolific poster. You'll have lots of company out there. Oh, There is another fellow who moved to NB and bought a great big wreck of a home as well, but he hasn't posted in a long while. you guys can start the NB chapter of Wavyglass. look forward to pic's once you get things worked out.

shazapple
Stalwart

Post by shazapple »

Welcome! Where about in NB will you be moving? Lots of great old houses here and definitely some in need of repair.
Lee
1900 1.5 Story Cottage

Neighmond

Post by Neighmond »

Alooha! Nice to see another alumni!

Rebecca (WavyGlass)
Just Arrived

Post by Rebecca (WavyGlass) »

It's so nice to see the familiar faces as well as the new ones here. :)

The house is right on the NB/NS border, in Mount Whatley. I have no idea if the house has any history but the property sure does. Apparently it was where Colonel Eddy (US) and his army camped in 1775 when he was trying to conquer Canada. My mother-in-law and I already have a date for next summer to pull out the metal detector and go searching for musket balls.

We don't know for sure yet that the deal is going to go through but I'm really hoping. Actually I'll be devastated if it doesn't. I know it will be our toughest challenge yet, at least until we get all the systems working, but I'm really excited about the adventure. I've recently learned that life is too short not to grab it by the um, doorknobs. lol
I was formerly known as HouseNut. Now I'm just a nut. :)