Love our new Craftsman house number plaque

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
Bungalove
Knows the back streets

Love our new Craftsman house number plaque

Post by Bungalove »

I've been looking literally for months for new house numbers for our Craftsman home. When we moved in, the numbers that were there were typical, cheap, no-style things from WalMart. The Craftsman or Arts and Crafts numbers or plaques I found online were mostly too expensive or not exactly what I wanted.

Anyway, found a guy on Etsy who makes personalized metal number plaques in a variety of styles, and this is what we got:

I'm so pleased with it. Just perfect & just what I wanted!

If anyone's interested, it's from MichaelsMetalArt on Etsy.

matchbookhouse
Been here a while

Re: Love our new Craftsman house number plaque

Post by matchbookhouse »

That's really good looking! Thanks for the tip. I've been contemplating getting NICE house numbers - right now I've got a plastic plaque taped inside my storm door.

Bungalove
Knows the back streets

Post by Bungalove »

Thanks! We're so happy with it. I keep walking out on the porch to look at it. lol
Last edited by Bungalove on Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Bungalove, The sign looks great, has a bit of an Asian feel to it while maintaining a simple craftsman look. Is it powder coated or painted painted flat black?

Daniel Meyer
Stalwart

Post by Daniel Meyer »

Looks great!

Bungalove
Knows the back streets

Post by Bungalove »

Gothichome, it's powder coated. You can choose both the color for the metal and the color for the underlying (ceramic? glass?) background. It's very sturdy and rather heavy.

We chose to go with the "Rust" metal color and "Sand granite" underlying color like he shows in his example here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/196789057/a ... e_active_6 because the colors and style are very close to the existing porch ceiling light fixture.

He has other styles such as Victorian. I'm not affiliated with him in any way, just super-pleased with my purchase and his customer service.

Don M

Post by Don M »

Very nice! :D