What I've been doing for the last year.

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
nlswitz
Been here a while

Re: What I've been doing for the last year.

Post by nlswitz »

My plaster guy was here today and it's looking good. He has to return tomorrow to finish. I'll take some photos when he's done. Just losing the pink ceiling makes a world of difference.

SouthernLady
Forgotten more than most know

Post by SouthernLady »

Goodness, I bet it did! I had Pepto-Bismol-pink walls in the upstairs bedroom when I moved in. It was one of the first things to go.

What were those other people thinking with all that pink? :roll:

Looking forward to pictures!

nlswitz
Been here a while

Post by nlswitz »

I still have the pink dining room ceiling but that will be gone after I refinish the wood in that room. I'll start that project in October. I decided to have a pro paint the living room instead of me. My husband agreed saying it sounds like a good investment after all the hours I put into refinishing the wood. They're also going to touch up the places where I didn't do such a perfect job in the inglenook, which is good because others might not see them but I do!

The skim coat will take another day...so maybe progress photos tomorrow.

nan-nan
Settling in

Post by nan-nan »

You are doing a wonderful job bringing out the beauty in the wood! I hope you are able to sit back from time to time and enjoy the results. It's a huge job to tackle!

Nettie
Been here a while

Post by Nettie »

Beautiful work- looking forward to seeing more!

nlswitz
Been here a while

Post by nlswitz »

Thank you for all the nice comments everyone. It's been a lot of hard work but gratifying too. Here are a few shots with the skim coat. The plastics is staying up until it's painted tomorrow.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (120.45 KiB) Viewed 926 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (121.91 KiB) Viewed 926 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (219.35 KiB) Viewed 926 times

Texas_Ranger
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Post by Texas_Ranger »

My aunt thought it was a splendid idea to have a highlighter pink hallway back in the 80s! Always freaked us kids, we'd never seen such a bold color anywhere else! She had it papered over in the mid-90s after her divorce. Now my cousin lives in that place and when we removed the lovely knotty pine ceiling the pink was still there in all its glory.

nlswitz
Been here a while

Post by nlswitz »

Thankfully our ceiling wasn't THAT pink. I think the previous owners were trying to believe that all this Douglas fir was California redwood and so they stained the wood a "Cabernet", and put in a floral rug that has lots of pink. The ceiling was supposed to match I guess. Well the kitchen is pink too... And not so subtle.

Anyway even with the plastic we have over the windows right now the room is brighter. I can't wait until the painters are done tomorrow!

nlswitz
Been here a while

Post by nlswitz »

We had almost 500 people tour our house on Sunday. Now it's time to get back to work on the dining room. But before I load up the living room with the dining room furniture I took some photos of the living room. We still need to do the floor but need to get the downing room done first.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (176.99 KiB) Viewed 866 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (195.65 KiB) Viewed 866 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (197.38 KiB) Viewed 866 times

Don M

Post by Don M »

Wow a whole wall of windows; very nice; love the built-ins too! :)