Blake Hill House

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
BlakeHillHouse
Been here a while

Re: Blake Hill House

Post by BlakeHillHouse »

Powermuffin wrote:Very nice house! Love the staircase and windows. What is the small structure on the right of front door?
Please keep us up to date as you work on your home. And welcome to wavyglass!!
Diane

I forgot to answer this question. It is a staircase that leads down to the basement. We are guessing it was an outside entrance for fuel or other deliveries. The staircase is likely original, but the room was probably built around it at some time.

BlakeHillHouse
Been here a while

Post by BlakeHillHouse »

Neighmond wrote:Welcome in. That's a dandy looking abode!
Thank you! :)

Don M wrote:Well that's a super new old house you & Andy have. Where in NY are you located; I was born in Watertown, we lived in Fayetteville, Manlius & Bedford Village; my Dad's family was from Binghamton & I attended Hobart in Geneva! Your home sure has many beautiful features; it's hard to believe it was originally a summer home with all those unique details! We currently live in an 1830s vintage stone farmhouse in South Central Pennsylvania. Welcome & keep posting pictures as you progress along with your DIY work! Don :)

I am not familiar with those towns. We moved to NY last December. We are further west near Buffalo. My husband's company runs the hotel at Geneva on the Lake. I will read more about Hobart College.

We also have a hard time believing that a house this fancy was built as a summer house. I'm pretty sure our summer "house," if we could swing it, would be a yurt. :D

Don M

Post by Don M »

We also have a hard time believing that a house this fancy was built as a summer house. I'm pretty sure our summer "house," if we could swing it, would be a yurt. :D

That's great! :D

I'll have to check out the Hotel Geneva on the Lake---I don't remember it but I graduated & left Geneva in 1970! :shock: