A Garden Pic

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
Sow's Ear Mal
Stalwart

A Garden Pic

Post by Sow's Ear Mal »

Ok, several of you have posted lovely garden pix, so I thought I'd share mine. This is my veggie garden. I made willow hurdles from material growing on the farm and hubby installed them. The dogs still run amok through it, lol.
garden 2014 sm.JPG
garden 2014 sm.JPG (154.54 KiB) Viewed 631 times

clover
Been here a good while

Re: A Garden Pic

Post by clover »

Love it! What are you growing?

I live on a farm. I do not have a picturesque garden. I do not have willow hurdles. I don't even have a dog. I'm feeling a little inadequate right now ... ;)

mattswabb
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by mattswabb »

Love the fence.

houseinthecountry (WavyGlass)
Settling in

Post by houseinthecountry (WavyGlass) »

Wow, beautiful! How hard was it to make the fence? I've got big garden plans for this new house... Probably will construct them all this fall in preparation for spring planting (I have a small greenhouse that I will finally get to use for a whole season)

Sow's Ear Mal
Stalwart

Post by Sow's Ear Mal »

Thanks guys. The willow hurdles are easy to make, just 2 foot by two foot. My wild willows here are a sort of bush variety, so the branches aren't very long, but perfect for short two or three foot segments. The tricky part is wading through the tall grass to find the willows at this time of year, lol (should have collected a whole bunch in early spring when the grass was down and the wet spots were still frozen.)

And Clover: you may not have a garden, but we're a farm without farm critters. Maybe chickens next year. The garden has climbing beans, bush beans, carrots, spinach, potatoes, tomatoes, and squash, all with varying degrees of success ;) ....Mal

Powermuffin
Forgotten more than most know

Post by Powermuffin »

Oh, I would love that! We grow tomatoes, peppers, butternut squash, pie pumpkin, corn and basil every year. And the critters love us for it.
:[

Diane

lisascenic
Stalwart

Post by lisascenic »

Oh my goodness, I have such a love of hurdles. Yours are beautiful.

I'm eating my heart out, because I have no raw materials with which to make hurdles, living as I do in teh middle of the city.

http://howsrobb.blogspot.com/2011/05/go ... lings.html

matchbookhouse
Been here a while

Post by matchbookhouse »

Those hurdles would lovely in my flower gardens with the groundhogs merrily running through them!