Hoosier style cabinets

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
Nettie
Been here a while

Re: Hoosier style cabinets

Post by Nettie »

It fits in the kitchen just perfectly Grammacake. I love the look of it.

grammacake (WavyGlass)
Settling in

Post by grammacake (WavyGlass) »

Thank you, It is kinda cluttered in there right now. I have a home bakery, and this is where I keep all of my tools and supplies. We are in the process of remodeling the entire house.

Nettie
Been here a while

Post by Nettie »

Nettie wrote:Cool! Can't wait to see the pictures. I don't know how to find the date and didn't find one with mine either. I got lucky with the pull out porcelain work surface on mine- it was pretty chipped on the front so I swapped it around and reattached the base so that the clean side that had been underneath the top cupboard is now showing and looks like new.
Anyway, congrats and show us pics when you can.

I got lucky and found the brand name for mine. There was an almost identical one at auction and theirs had the paper label still on the back. "Hopper" brand out of Souix City Iowa. Makes sense since I'm from Minnesota. Seeing the other solved a couple other mysteries as well- I am missing the casters which explains why it seems a bit short- the legs had rotted so I couldn't see the holes for the casters. Also mine is missing a glass sugar canister- and that explains the empty screw holes that were there. So a couple other things to look for...

Bungalove
Knows the back streets

Post by Bungalove »

Does anyone know where to find reproduction door cards (kitchen tips, shopping lists, etc.) for Hoosiers? I know there are some on eBay and Etsy but they're ridiculously expensive considering they're repros and not even antique.

What I'd really love is a .jpg or .bmp file so I could print my own. Any ideas? Thanks.

P.S. I finally found a cookbook holder to put on my Hoosier and prop my 1930s Fannie Farmer cookbook on. http://www.worldmarket.com/product/whit ... rom=Search Not sure if I'll leave it white but I like the style.

Don M

Post by Don M »

Here is one place that has some cards: http://www.vandykes.com/s4177-hoosier-k ... /p/206601/

Bungalove
Knows the back streets

Post by Bungalove »

Thanks for the link, Don. More than I want to pay for replicas, though. :-(