Third Times the Charm...

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
mrsnightengale11 (WavyGlass)
Knows the area

Third Times the Charm...

Post by mrsnightengale11 (WavyGlass) »

We are less then two weeks from closing now. Banks happy, lawyers are happy, insurance is happy, sellers happy, and contract is fulfilled and ready to close.

This house is smaller then the first two we tried to buy, but it's in better shape, and in a better neighborhood. So here's a picture of the house, and hopefully more to follow soon :)

Knows the area

Re: Third Times the Charm...

Here's some listing photo's I scrounged up

Foyer

Front Room (archway to the dinning room isn't original, it used to be french doors. Thankfully they remain in the basement of the house, and we intend to put them back some day)

Built-in, in the dinning room

Kitchen

Upstairs Bathroom

Tub Room (Former sunroom?)

Tiny Back Yard

Sow's Ear Mal
Stalwart

Post by Sow's Ear Mal »

Very nice! And cool bathroom!!

watergirl (WavyGlass)
Settling in

Post by watergirl (WavyGlass) »

Wow, now I wish I had a tub room. Great looking house.

lisascenic
Stalwart

Post by lisascenic »

Very very very nice!

heartwood

Post by heartwood »

oh my gosh, i want that house!!! i have two couples coming to look at my place for the second time...got to find a place soon, looking for exactly what you found...oh, you are so fortunate and so is that beautiful home...best of luck with everything...
...jade

Superbeetle
Been here a while

Post by Superbeetle »

That looks like it will be well worth the wait!

Sow's Ear Mal
Stalwart

Post by Sow's Ear Mal »

Jade, god, I feel for you. We were gnashing our teeth while selling our log house. Would people get it? Would they like it? Would they know what their $ was getting them, compared to a modern, OSB and PVC hamster cage???? You can lose your mind in the process.
---mal

Knows the area

Thanks you guys!
As you know it's been a trial getting to this point. This house had actually just been listed when the drama with the last house was happening. We ended up offering list, but I really feel like it was worth it. All the major stuff is already done (plumbing, electrical, ect), but thankfully everything was done to keep absolutely as much original as possible. The few things that were changed (some doors etc), the previous owner kept the originals put up and we get them with the house.We still will have things to address like sealing the basement, getting central air, and fixing some small things here and there. Over all though, we are stoked to be able to call this place home before the months out :)

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Mrnightengale, good for you glad to see your old home hunt is coming to an end. The house looks fantastic and every thing is done. but I think you are selling yourself short of the old home experience. Were's the endless paint scrapping, plumbing repairs, bath room and electrical restoration, the hours of endless agonizing over restoring floors, and the money OHHH the money. Just what are you going to do with all that free time?