Third Times the Charm...

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
Don M

Re: Third Times the Charm...

Post by Don M »

Super house, four square?

mrsnightengale11 (WavyGlass)
Knows the area

Post by mrsnightengale11 (WavyGlass) »

Lol I hope to spend my free time getting better. This last week we discovered I'm no longer in remission (RA), so I'll have to live out my rehab dreams through the rest of you.

Also to be honest I have no idea about the style of house. All I know is it was built in 1928-9 ish. The documents to the house list craftsman or colonial lol.

Kansas.1911
Stalwart

Post by Kansas.1911 »

Somebody doesn't know his colonial from his colon ( not you; probably somebody in real estate). That's an American Foursquare. Just go to Google Images, do a search on "American Foursquare" with quotes around it, and you will see all your Foursquare sisters and brothers. Then, you will get to look for the "influences." My house is an American Foursquare--with Colonial Revival hardware and a Prairie floorplan.

I hope your RA gives you relief and a break so you can enjoy that fabulous house.
Northeast Kansas
American Foursquare

Chevygirlalways
Been here a while

Post by Chevygirlalways »

What a great house. I hope you spend many happy years there with your family. :)

Susan

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Well I hope your illness will not stop you from sitting on the porch relaxed and watching the world go by.

JRC
Forgotten more than most know

Post by JRC »

Great house! Good luck with the purchase. I really envy the working fireplace and original kitchen cabinets!

Knows the area

Thanks you guys! Perhaps the first two failures were a blessing in disguise. With my husbands schedule, and now my health I can't imagine how we would have made the larger houses work for us.

@kansas I was fairly certain the descriptions in the paperwork were off. But you are 100% correct. I did some googling and found a pretty close match to the house!

The only differences really from this plan and our home is that the porch stairs are placed differently, the closet opens to the vestibule, the nook in the kitchen, and back enclosed porch, and a sunroom (tub room lol) above that, also the attic stair is off the hall. Still pretty nifty to see similar versions of our house.

Knows the area

Final walk through was today. Everything was good except that the seller took the French doors that were supposed to remain per our contract... She claims they didn't fit any way so no loss to us... We could fight it but really it's pointless. It's a shame, but hopefully someday we will find some that are a close match to reinstall.

Anyway we close and move tomorrow, so other then the disappointment about the doors I'm pretty stoked.

historicalwork
Been here a good while

Post by historicalwork »

That's a great looking house. I like the kitchen and the wood work looks great. And you can't go wrong with a foursquare! :/

Knows the area

Well we've been here just over a month and things have been great. We aren't nearly as unpacked as I would like but it'll happen eventually I'm sure. We got central air put in a week or two ago, and are having our basement waterproofed as I type. I'll be happy once the jack hammering is done for sure!