Hello from New Orleans!

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
Neighmond

Re: Hello!

Post by Neighmond »

Nice looking abode!

kelt65
Stalwart

Re: Hello from New Orleans!

Post by kelt65 »

Ok. Here is my closing blingee ..

Wackyshack
Forgotten more than most know

Post by Wackyshack »

Amazing house!! I have a 1689sq ft house and paid $389,000 for it back in 2006. Prices were insane in the Boston Mass area... the house holds around $340,000 right now with the falling market.
You house is beautiful! Yard too!! love it an enjoy it and thank you for sharing it with us!
If everything is coming your way..... You're in the WRONG lane!!!

kelt65
Stalwart

Post by kelt65 »

Wackyshack65 wrote:Amazing house!! I have a 1689sq ft house and paid $389,000 for it back in 2006. Prices were insane in the Boston Mass area... the house holds around $340,000 right now with the falling market.
You house is beautiful! Yard too!! love it an enjoy it and thank you for sharing it with us!

Thanks Wackyshack65. I feel lucky to have gotten this house, and the real estate market here is insane as well. There are people putting down 500K+ in cash for very cheesy flipped homes here. I think they passed this one over because it is mostly original - the kitchen is not in the front room and there is no McMansion bathroom. TACKY. I passed over a lot of houses where they'd moved the kitchen from the back of the house to the very front room, and torn down most of the walls! Ridiculous! But these people like that. Suburban sensibilities, I guess.

It has some nice touches that are modern, like many of the windows have been rehabbed to be energy efficient but they are the same nice wooden windows. Those are very expensive. Usually flippers will just slap cheap metal windows in. The plumbing is mostly PEX but it still has some galvanized steel, the wiring is all copper (no K&T left), most of the plaster is intact and the HVAC is less than 10 years old. No insect damage to speak of.

mkeller234
Been here a while

Post by mkeller234 »

What a beautiful house! Congratulations! I'm agree 120% about not enjoying the open floor plans that are so trendy these days. I have a 2 year old child, and believe me, she starts everyday by making a giant mess. I feel like open floor plans are just a way of letting your child make a mega mess AND being able to see it all. In our house, I can keep her out of rooms and I don't have to clean those each night. On top of that all, I agree... TACKY!

I told our realtor that I wanted a house that had an original kitchen and bath. She could not understand why that was a positive feature for us. :roll:

Locust Quarter
Knows the back streets

Post by Locust Quarter »

Great house. Love New Orleans. And I totally agree about hating open floor plans.