New bathroom

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
Nettie
Been here a while

New bathroom

Post by Nettie »

I've told this story before but our house was built without a bathroom and then one was added in the 60's. The floor had rotted and this winter when the pipes froze one more time we made the decision to convert a little bedroom to a bath on the main floor. I took inspiration from Mrs. D and used similar colors on the bead board and wallpaper so credit goes to her artistic talents. We put a walk in shower in the little closet- my husband did the shower pan and tile while I did the pine bead board and moldings. The floors we refinished a couple years ago so nothing needed doing there. The fixtures are modern sorry.
Attachments
commode1.jpg
commode1.jpg (244.86 KiB) Viewed 909 times
tub.jpg
tub.jpg (152.31 KiB) Viewed 909 times
sink.jpg
sink.jpg (113.28 KiB) Viewed 909 times

clover
Been here a good while

Re: New bathroom

Post by clover »

That bathroom looks so inviting! What are the dimensions? We converted a fifth bedroom into a bathroom, but only used about a third of the space because you have to walk through the room to get from one part of the house to another. I was also leery of the cost of filling the entire space as a bathroom, but you've balanced the space in the room nicely with the tub and dresser.

matchbookhouse
Been here a while

Post by matchbookhouse »

Oh, that's a beautiful bathroom! I love the beadboard and the wood floors, and your fixtures, modern or not, are just gorgeous. I think my only bath was added in the 50's and I would love to change the original blue tub to a walk-in shower, but there's no way they could get it out of the available space. You're so lucky that you had a whole bedroom to convert to a bathroom, and you made such nice use of the available space. I am seriously envious. :mrgreen:

Neighmond

Post by Neighmond »

Pretty!

Nettie
Been here a while

Post by Nettie »

clover wrote:That bathroom looks so inviting! What are the dimensions? We converted a fifth bedroom into a bathroom, but only used about a third of the space because you have to walk through the room to get from one part of the house to another. I was also leery of the cost of filling the entire space as a bathroom, but you've balanced the space in the room nicely with the tub and dresser.

Thanks Clover. It was 13 x 11. We took 3 x 7 feet away for a closet for the bedroom which shares the wall behind the toilet. That's what the dresser is next to.

Nettie
Been here a while

Post by Nettie »

Thanks Matchbookhouse and Neighmond.

Nettie
Been here a while

Post by Nettie »

This is the old closet that was converted to a shower. Marble tiles on the floor but I couldn't convince my husband to do a subway tile so I had to compromise and get ceramic that has a marble swirl.
Attachments
shower.jpg
shower.jpg (108.23 KiB) Viewed 879 times

Neighmond

Post by Neighmond »

If I had room in el banjo here that is what I would want!

2ndline
Settling in

Post by 2ndline »

Great choices in colors and trimmings.

Nettie
Been here a while

Post by Nettie »

Thanks 2ndline- I'm so picky about color that the bead board and the trim got painted twice as I changed my mind. The bead board is SW Retreat and the trim is SW Dover White.