The long road back

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
2ndline
Settling in

Re: The long road back

Post by 2ndline »

I had my helper roll out membrane to go over the concrete and again drilled 300+ Tapcons to hold down the OSB subfloor.

The PO had the fomer outside stone wall repointed I guess as an accent and it looked really good, so it stayed.

I wanted original 1 1/4" pine for the floor, but I had 2 issues, first of all it wasn't in the budget, second I would have had a big transition at the doorway since I was going over concrete and needed to add the membrane and subfloor anyway. So I found a sawmill that had 3/4 tongue and groove pine really cheap, to cheap in fact. The boards were 7" wide on the ends, but 7 3/16" wide in the middle! This made it challenging to get the floor down without big gaps In the end it turned out pretty much looking like the old floor it is supposed to, only the loose grain really give it away.

2ndline
Settling in

Post by 2ndline »

I needed to put shelves up for the hairdressing stations and was luck that the PO had left me 20 or so wooden joists he had salvaged somewhere. From what I can tell they were wooden beams at one point that had been resawn. All of them were axe hewn on on side and sawn on the other. They are 22' long and a full 3"x 12"'. I pressure washed a couple off and urethaned them.

Don M

Post by Don M »

Beautiful work! :)

Powermuffin
Forgotten more than most know

Post by Powermuffin »

Yep, that really is beautiful work! Love your story.
Diane

Neighmond

Post by Neighmond »

Looks like a real high dollar deal from where I am sitting. Glad to see a well thought out use of space and sensitive execution of the plans-it compliments the house instead of jarring with what else is there!