Another OHW Transplant and a New-Old House (1851)

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
Blue Farmhouse
Knows the area

Re: Another OHW Transplant and a New-Old House (1851)

Post by Blue Farmhouse »

Anyway, I've been a little aggravated by my neighbor's apparent lack of concern for the trees and other shrubs that have been growing out of control and through their fence, into and over my driveway. It was becoming an obstacle course to steer the car around all of the branches poking through. That's not to mention the fact that the entire north side of my house was always wet because of all of the overgrowth. (I have some massive wood rot issues compliments of this unsightly problem.) Surprisingly, he was extremely applicable to having all of the trees trimmed back -- or, cut completely down, in a few instances. I guess the previous owners never asked him (or cared; which I hate to say, but the longer I live here, the more DIY disasters/hack jobs I come across). At any rate, it's nice to know the neighbor doesn't mind making a few sacrifices in the name of my house not rotting away, one window frame at a time. :P ;) :D

kelt65
Stalwart

Re: Another OHW Transplant and a New-Old House (1851)

Post by kelt65 »

Beautiful house.