Another member "crossing over" from OHW

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
Fanner (WavyGlass)
Knows the back streets

Another member "crossing over" from OHW

Post by Fanner (WavyGlass) »

Some of you might recognize my name as the same old "Fanner" from old house web. For those who don't, you probably aren't missing much ;)
Sweet and short: My family and I live in a Victorain style home built in 1904. I tried to upload a picture to my sig and avatar but can't seem to get any small enough. At any rate, we are the blessed stewards of this home that is pretty dern close to original. The kitchen and bathroom have been remuddled (long before us, but we didn't do it any service when we re-refinished them) and we had our lovely front porch restored as close as possible to the original. The porch was all original, as far as we can tell, but quite rotted out etc - we replaced most of the lower half and matched everything as close as possible to what was removed....
I am also in the sllllooooow process of reviving our original double-hung windows. I get about 3-4 windows (6-8 sash) done each summer: 14 sash down, about 36 more to go :shock: NOT counting the attic, yikes... But I LOVE any opportunity to discuss the process and show off how slick the pulley and weight system work despite sash that weigh (sometimes) over 25# a piece.
Lots of windows, doors and creaky old floors. As I get more comfortable with posting pics etc I will try to get at least 1 or 2 here ~ as I know how we all love pictures. Otherwise, if preferred (let me know) I can post some links to my pic posts on OHW.

So happy to have "found" you all!! Carry on :)
Proudly maintaining our 1904 Victorian since 1999

Fanner (WavyGlass)
Knows the back streets

Re: Another member "crossing over" from OHW

Gonna try to add some pics...

Oooh, ooh, OH I think I did it... this is only a start, here is our front door - not much but a start, LOL!! Bare with me while I resize some other "full on" pics.... :roll:
Attachments
HouseFrontPainted2009 (640x427).jpg
HouseFrontPainted2009 (640x427).jpg (164.88 KiB) Viewed 1000 times

Fanner (WavyGlass)
Knows the back streets

From the west side....
Attachments
230 (640x482).jpg
230 (640x482).jpg (235.19 KiB) Viewed 1000 times

SkipW
Forgotten more than most know

Post by SkipW »

Fanner, welcome to WavyGlass. Lots of OHW folks have made the trip. Glad you could join us.
Etta says "WOOF"

wletson
Been here a good while

Post by wletson »

Nice seeing you here! :)
Warren

heartwood

Post by heartwood »

welcome to the neighborhood fanner!

i was going to ask what the sign over the door said then i realized you must have blocked it out as it is most likely your address-- :shock:

really sad to see OHW go under but very thankful we have this new place to share.....

...jade

Fanner (WavyGlass)
Knows the back streets

Jade!! I saw you in Old House Journal and now I'm star struck ;) The sign above the steps is indeed our address; not that someone trying hard enough couldn't figure out where I live. I lack artistic flare in so many ways - evident there in my lazy photoshopping as well as the fact that we haven't repainted that sign to match our new house colors :/ Anywhoo, good to see familiar "faces" here!

heartwood

Post by heartwood »

ha--you too can be in the old house journal if you work 12 hour plus days 6 or 7 days a week for 10 months!!! my hair is longer now, i pulled a lot out during that project... :lol:

Fanner (WavyGlass)
Knows the back streets

heartwood wrote:ha--you too can be in the old house journal if you work 12 hour plus days 6 or 7 days a week for 10 months!!! my hair is longer now, i pulled a lot out during that project... :lol:

Uh, no thanks LOL. That honor is all yours. I can barely stand it as a "hobby" - and my hair is already pretty thin! I did have to show my friends and family the article, you know, to prove that there really are people out there crazier -er I mean more dedicated - than me....

Kansas.1911
Stalwart

Post by Kansas.1911 »

Glad to see you, Fanner. Love the views of the exterior. I had not seen them prior.
Northeast Kansas
American Foursquare