1910 House

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
drew1910
Settling in

Re: 1910 House

Post by drew1910 »

We have also been working on our kitchen restoration.

New doors

Staining and Varnishing

Sanding the cabinets

Cabinets Stained

Doors Mounted

New boxes mounted with self closing slides

Hardware installed

We then cut out the sheetrock from the backsplash.

Countertops installed

We laid down our infloor heating

Flooring installed

Installing appliances

Fridge was just too big for my liking so we recessed it in 4 inches

nlswitz
Been here a while

Post by nlswitz »

Very impressive. Was it difficult to add the drawer closing hardware?

Neighmond

Post by Neighmond »

Nice warm looking kitchen, and pretty slick floor patch!

drew1910
Settling in

Post by drew1910 »

nlswitz wrote:Very impressive. Was it difficult to add the drawer closing hardware?

They were the easiest slides I've had the pleasure to use. You can adjust them up and down on each side along with left to right.

Neighmond wrote:Nice warm looking kitchen, and pretty slick floor patch!

Thanks!

Don M

Post by Don M »

I am so impressed with your progress & work. I had followed your work on OHW but lost track as that site self destructed. You have come a long way since then. Outstanding, I am delighted that your dining room has been returned to its original size. Your large new fridge & your solution to its size is a good one. I have similar problem with the new one in our SC home. Mine is currently on an outside wall so your solution won't work for me. Maybe I'll relocate it when we do a remodel!

Kansas.1911
Stalwart

Post by Kansas.1911 »

Question about the backsplash--
Did you take out a white subway style and replace it with a white subway style?
Northeast Kansas
American Foursquare

drew1910
Settling in

Post by drew1910 »

Don M wrote:I am so impressed with your progress & work. I had followed your work on OHW but lost track as that site self destructed. You have come a long way since then. Outstanding, I am delighted that your dining room has been returned to its original size. Your large new fridge & your solution to its size is a good one. I have similar problem with the new one in our SC home. Mine is currently on an outside wall so your solution won't work for me. Maybe I'll relocate it when we do a remodel!

It was sad to see that forum go to pieces, hopefully this one can gain a few more people that will continue to restore these beautiful houses. We were lucky to have the wall space otherwise we would have bought a counter depth fridge so that it looked better.

Kansas.1911 wrote:Question about the backsplash--
Did you take out a white subway style and replace it with a white subway style?

Haha no, if you look at the first photo of the door mounted you can see some of the old back splash to the left of the stove. Last winter I took the snowmobile out and when I came back my wife had painted half of the brick white in an attempt to make it look better for the time being. She didn't like it any more then before so it was left like that until we tore it out.