test,test. This is a test of the emergency home pic system

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
Gothichome

Re: test,test. This is a test of the emergency home pic syst

Post by Gothichome »

Current picture of the front of the home, all the over grown vegetation is now gone from around the home. Looks a naked at this time.
Next summer we will start putting the age back into the yard, thinking of box hedging around each corner to give it a formal look.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Well folks,managed to escape work once again. Got some work done on the home that is not hidden behind walls. Still not glamorous stuff but progress non the same.
Tore into the rotten fascias.
This is the 'during' pic of the largest one I did this time out. The whole thing was rotten from end to end. when we first bought the home there was a gaping hole at one end, I had scabbed in a wire mesh to help keep the birds and every ones favorite flying rodent the bat out but I digress.
The new boards in place and the Eave trough back in place.
Did the same for this corner.
I rented a 60Ft man lift for the week, well worth the money for those who need to work way up high. The local hardware store had some beautiful full dimension 12x1" barn board in their yard, I cut them to width and just belt sanded one side and two edges for paint. I also managed to remove four aluminum storms from the top floor and swap them for the original restored storms I had done for the side of the home. Now I'm ready to tackle the window restorations on the front of the home. I also managed to get new drains and mains installed in the summer kitchen as well at the water run as well. The toilet has been roughed in. Not a bad weeks work.

Don M

Post by Don M »

Very cool work, congratulations! :D

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Well, spent my Christmas holidays working on the back kitchen again (inside work) got it almost completed. Tore out the old framing and insulation,reframed and insulated the out side walls and built a separate bathroom with vanity and shower. Wired, plumbed and dry walled. We now have two bath rooms in the house.
This is the outside wall that had become an interior wall when the summer kitchen was added on. Just above the floor you can see the granit sill, and the horce hair plaster that was applied. Also, you can see the framing they put in in 1964 I believe. All four walls were just like this. No bottom plate just a top plate nailed to the rafters, so as not to take up too much floor space the notched to clear not only the sill but the trim on the other walls.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Here is what found in the way of trim. This must have been installed when the summer kitchen was built. It is eleven inches tall. I found almost thirty two feet of it. One of the lengthes is dam near sixteen feet long. I plan on cleaning it up, restaining (or leave it as found if it cleans up nicely) and using it to trim out the floor.
This is the main home wall as I am going to leave it. Cleaned off the plaster and gave it a quick go over with a really stiff broom. Still needs more cleaning but it will be great. Got the idea from Matt and a couple of others here who did the same.
I still have to trim out the windows and doors ect. Thought I had a pic of the bathroom side but can't seem to find it. I'll post that a bit later I guess.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (90.88 KiB) Viewed 25710 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (106.13 KiB) Viewed 25710 times

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Oh, any hints on how to get my pics in order using the add picture function of the full editor?

Don M

Post by Don M »

Very nice! ;)

nlswitz
Been here a while

Post by nlswitz »

Nice. I think the if you go with the thought of last is first with your photos you'll get them in the correct order

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

It's the season for Windows once again, got the first of eleven windows finished up
The before will be further back in this thread, this is the during
And this is the completed window.

SouthernLady
Forgotten more than most know

Post by SouthernLady »

Lovely!

You are my inspiration to get mine done. I hoped to start two weeks ago and took a week off to do projects, but it rained most of the week. Boo.