test,test. This is a test of the emergency home pic system

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
Gothichome

Re: test,test. This is a test of the emergency home pic syst

Post by Gothichome »

Jade, thanks for the kind words. When an expert goes GAAAH. I know we got a gem worthy of our efforts.

Don M

Post by Don M »

Hi Gothic,

I think your screen door could be fairly old or fairly recent. It is obviously a good quality wood door & those are still available if you are willing to pay $$ for them. I installed a similar one on our MA Cidermill house in 2002. My parents had similar ones on their second home in Fayetteville, NY in 1952. Yours may have even been a special order or made specifically for your door. Don

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Don, thanks for the info. The door also has a screen insert, restored that as well. There was at one time another screen in place, they made a real mess of the door molding cutting a large reces in the molding for the hinges. I had to make some pine blocks and profile to fill.

A before pic of that side of the home as bought. All windows are now done and that ugly conduit was removed when I upgraded the service and buried it.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Well people, still out here on the road working, just thought I'd post a view from our back yard

I think I need to spend less time working and more time enjoying.

chadrjohnson (WavyGlass)
Just Arrived

Post by chadrjohnson (WavyGlass) »

Your house is stately and the foyer and staircase is impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing more photos.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Since this thread has come back to the top of the pile I should post some more pics of the details in our home.

Plaster detail in the front parlor, this picture is from the corner of the wall and the chimney. I think this is a great indicator of the quality of construction 140 years ago. Only a small bit of settling between the chinmey mass and the wall. Each element of the molding is a separate peice and applied to the base molding.

This is the ceiling medallion in the front parlor, once again applied to the base plaster. All these plaster elements would have been purchased from a supply house.

We have two of these ceiling medallions, one in the dinning room and the other in the back parlor. The grape and hops motive are appropriat for the use of each room.

This is the plaster for cornice molding in the dinning room. This too would be composed of separate elements.

mkeller234
Been here a while

Post by mkeller234 »

Wow! That is one gorgeous home. It feels good to see it getting the care that a grand home like yours deserves. Magnificent.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Thanks for the nice words MKeller and Chad. We actually feel fortunate to be able to own the home. Although she is a big old girl she is no grander than any of the homes of our fellow posters and old home devotes risk their sanities for.

Ron

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Well folks, I found my front door hardware.

I think this will be an improvement on the 1964 retro look.

Neighmond

Post by Neighmond »

Pretty! Where was it?