Oldhouseluvr Here!

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
oldhouseluvr (WavyGlass)
Just Arrived

Oldhouseluvr Here!

Post by oldhouseluvr (WavyGlass) »

Hi, everyone! I came here via the OHW. While I understand that the spam problem over there caused a lot of issues for people, let me tell you, there are other problems as well. I asked every present and past moderator to delete a post that I was unable to (that's another problem all together) and not one of them ever answered me. So spam is not the only issue on that site. I still like the site and check in fairly regularly, but I am open to finding an old house website that is maintained by its owners.

Sixteen years ago, my husband and I sold our new-to-us house and bought a turn of the century/1890ish FolK Victorian in the same town. Most of our projects now are maintenance related, otherwise the house is pretty much "done". In October 2011 we put our house on the neighboring towns historic house tour. The pics in this Flickr album were taken immediately prior to the tour.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40451754@N ... 749745549/

Neighmond

Re: Oldhouseluvr Here!

Post by Neighmond »

You have a pretty abode!

shazapple
Stalwart

Post by shazapple »

Love the exterior colours. Very detailed!
Lee
1900 1.5 Story Cottage

Wackyshack
Forgotten more than most know

Post by Wackyshack »

Oldhouse!! WOO HOO!!! great to see you over here!!! just checked your photo album for a drive by drooling..... gotta love someone who loves working with a small paint brush and 6 colors of paint....:)
If everything is coming your way..... You're in the WRONG lane!!!

Kansas.1911
Stalwart

Post by Kansas.1911 »

You have got it all--the house with the furniture to go with it. I can tell you've been there long enough to get everything finished, except for the routine maintenance. That is kind of where we are now. I can't wait until we get to your point of being long-time owners. We are in year seven right now.
Northeast Kansas
American Foursquare

lisascenic
Stalwart

Post by lisascenic »

[img=center]http://farm1.staticflickr.com/202/461947299_f6552b2d5e_z.jpg?zz=1[/img]

Your shingles remind me of necco wafers, which are traditionally used on edible gingerbread houses!

oldhouseluvr (WavyGlass)
Just Arrived

Post by oldhouseluvr (WavyGlass) »

My apologies for not coming back sooner. All is well, but busy times. I still have a school-aged child at home, returned to work full-time, and have been busy with volunteer activities. Thanks for all the positive feedback about the house.

Kansas - Yes, we have been here for over 15 years so most of the major work is done. Most of the furniture is reproduction or hand-me-down vintage. I can't see spending lots of money for fragile furniture when we have kids and pets.

shaz and neighmond - the painting is DH's handiwork. He wanted a painted lady and now he has one. :)
lisascenic - love the g-bread house! The Necco wafer roof does look like our fish scale shingles. lol

Wacky - so nice to hear from you. Hope all is well at the "shack". ;)

Wackyshack
Forgotten more than most know

Post by Wackyshack »

Lisa, agreed on the wafers...Oldhouse has a sugar spun confection.

You house is wonderful...hand me down vintage and repro do the job just fine!
If everything is coming your way..... You're in the WRONG lane!!!