My 1874 Folk Victorian (Finally...an update!)

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
Gothichome

Re: My 1874 Folk Victorian (Finally...an update!)

Post by Gothichome »

Eperot, poop happens in life, it's never easy but we must move on. Glad to have you back and making progress once again. Oh, if over time you find that fencing not to your taste, I know of a certain gothic home were it would look just great in front of.

Jo_S
Knows the area

Post by Jo_S »

Hi Eperot - I'm new(ish) here, so just 'met' you through this update. I'm sorry for the struggles, but very happy for you that you managed to keep the house, and especially after all the gorgeous work you've put in.

Just lovely - and that bath is gorgeous.

My best wishes as you move forward, and I look forward to more of your beautiful work.

SouthernLady
Forgotten more than most know

Post by SouthernLady »

Welcome back! Been wondering how things have been. I am sure it's been tough, but I have found working on an old house is cheaper than Xanax. ;) I hope it proves the same for you. These old houses can be a good psychologist (or send us to one... haha...) You hang in there, better days are on their way!

drew1910
Settling in

Post by drew1910 »

Just checking in. How's it going?

Eperot
Stalwart

Post by Eperot »

Hi Drew and everyone...Things are going well, although slower than i had hoped...(they always do). Much to my chagrin I am STILL not done with my darn staircase...everything is basically finished but for the handrails, which I ordered a month ago but are obviously backordered. So, with only about 2 months (maybe 3) to go before the weather here in northern NJ turns cold, I have no choice but to put finishing the hall on hold as i must use the weather to get my living room demolished, insulated, and all 4 windows restored. Then winter can do its nasty little business. That said, I wanted to update here just to let everyone know I am taking myself over to thehistoricdistrict.org as many seem to be doing. Damn spammers! Anyway, come on over and continue following my journey...
Jacob Beaty House, 1874.