Castle Rovneyko

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
Swedesboro Castle
Just Arrived

Castle Rovneyko

Post by Swedesboro Castle »

I'm a new New Jersey member. I posted my introduction on the wrong page and thought I would drop in on the correct page for new members. Despite the nice simple format of this website, I screwed it up.

Briefly, I've posted part of my story on the "old house discussions" page. That information, along with this, should be enough to relay that it's nice to share information with people who love their historic homes. I will use the restoration skills / posts a lot. I say this, because we just had another "contractor" out to the house that wants to soak us to repair our built in "Yankee" gutters. I need to stop a leak around our turret, but the built in gutters are systems that outlived the talented, honest woodworker who can repair them at a fair price.

We call our 1895, Queen Anne Victorian a castle because it is all stone and looks like a castle. This is the first and last house I will ever occupy (own), so I plan to keep it original and enjoy it. Actually, I get more enjoyment from seeing others marvel, enjoy it and take pictures of themselves outside of it since it is on the walking tour in Swedesboro, NJ.

Pleasure exchanging thoughts and ideas with everyone and hope to post more soon from:

[font=cursive]Castle Rovneyko[/font]
Attachments
front.jpg
front.jpg (130.13 KiB) Viewed 459 times
house in middle.jpg
house in middle.jpg (95.45 KiB) Viewed 459 times

mjt
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Re: Castle Rovneyko

Post by mjt »

Awesome house!

Post interior photos when you have a chance, please.

Swedesboro Castle
Just Arrived

Re: Castle Rovneyko

Post by Swedesboro Castle »

Thank you. I have some interior pictures posted on the "old house discussions" board on this site. I will post more when I take some.