Hi Guys

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. Threads for member introductions and where members had threads devoted to their own houses for showing off their pride and joy!
Casey
Wizened and wise in the old ways

Hi Guys

Post by Casey »

Hope everybody made the trip OK
I'm adding this link to my photobucket. Everything I do at home or work is basically there. The main album and the albums entitled "Renovation" and "other rooms" are my own house "Old work" and "Work Projects" are jobs I have done as a restoration carpenter.
http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j255/Sombreuil/

I have a house built in the 1850's and remodeled/enlarged/moved 20 feet in 1906.
My specialty is historic millwork, but I have done many jobs from new homes to masonry fireplaces, to tile, stained glass and design work. I use hand planes to build windows and doors. But I also use all kinds of power tools as found in a millwork or cabinet shop setting.
For hobbies I restore antique reed and pipe organs, and am fairly well known for highest possible quality restorations of those instruments. I have supplied instruments to the Kennedy Center in DC and have one harmonium restoration in the Smithsonian. (you did say I could brag!)
In advancing the cause of the reed organ I have a Youtube page featuring my restorations: http://www.youtube.com/user/MasonHamlinOrgans
Casey
The artist formerly known as Sombreuil

shazapple
Stalwart

Re: Hi Guys

Post by shazapple »

Very nice album! Love your kitchen. Where did you get the door hardware for your front (?) door?
Lee
1900 1.5 Story Cottage

Casey

Post by Casey »

shazapple wrote:Very nice album! Love your kitchen. Where did you get the door hardware for your front (?) door?

Hi,
Thanks; found it on ebay at a very good price; the real hardware collecting hounds must have taken that week off.
Casey

csnyder (WavyGlass)
Knows the back streets

Post by csnyder (WavyGlass) »

Very cool - both the house photos and the organs (I'm an organist myself). Beautiful winter picture in your signature, too.
1916 Craftsman
Image Image

Neighmond

Post by Neighmond »

I have a perpetual reed organ project-Someone gave me a two-manual Estey that is foul, foul, foul! But it has a player unit added on (home brew project) and the case has been added himmmeldinked.

Chevygirlalways
Been here a while

Post by Chevygirlalways »

What beautiful work you do. Loved looking through your albums.

Susan

1880 stick (WavyGlass)
Just Arrived

Post by 1880 stick (WavyGlass) »

wow.... what great work you have done to your house! beautiful! As a reed organ owner myself, 1904 Windsor, i look forward to watching and listening to your youtube videos!
Theo. & Alice Fries
Lyons, NY

Casey

Post by Casey »

I bought a new video camera and recorded/ uploaded 6 christmas carols, which are going out of season, so hurry!
www.youtube.com/user/MasonHamlinOrgans
Casey

Wackyshack
Forgotten more than most know

Post by Wackyshack »

Well I have a humble little unwanted bellows organ in my front parlour I gave a home to.... she's a cute loyal mutt...but kudos for your fine works!!! Glad to see you over here... getting to be hail hail the gang's all here... :)
If everything is coming your way..... You're in the WRONG lane!!!

wletson
Been here a good while

Post by wletson »

Nice to see another familiar face over here.
Warren