Mice extermination

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. This was the place to share the knowledge accumulated.
jschneider
Knows the area

Re: Mice extermination

Post by jschneider »

I'd be thrilled with just mice... we get a colony of flying squirrels in our attic every winter. Good luck!

Nettie
Been here a while

Post by Nettie »

I guess my mice didn't get the memo about the bats since I have both.

Okay so one of the scurvy devils got into a heat vent or the furnace and died and now it smells when the heat is on. We tried pulling apart some of the ducts and can't find it so does anyone have a solution that helps them dry up and stop smelling any faster?

kelt65
Stalwart

Post by kelt65 »

Yes! Traps are great. For God's sake, do not use poison indoors. Ever. Ever. Ever.

Sow's Ear Mal
Stalwart

Post by Sow's Ear Mal »

I just watched a very fat vole steal cat kibble from a bowl in a manner that suggests he's quite comfy with the act. I also watched one of my three indoor cats observe the process from a safe vantage point, as said rodent made an interim pile beside the baseboard, prior to moving the hoard to his nest. Kitty apparently felt no need to intervene. Find common ground with your little house-mates. Cuz they ain't leaving. ;)

Nicholas
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by Nicholas »

I also have 5 cats, and I did find a fresh killed rat on the back porch the other day.

Cats. One time at about 2 am my cat is meowing at the door...I sleepwalk and let it in. A few minutes later...it is driving me nuts playing in the bed. Wait a minute...its not playing with my feet....

Turn the light on...yep...there's a mouse in my bed...
1915 Frame Vernacular Bungalow

"If it ain't leanin' or a little crooked then it ain't got character"
- local resident

The BumbleBee House

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

One of my cats dropped a live mouse right in my hand as a slept (guess he thought I might want to play with it) - weird, weird sensation to be woken up by!
Mick...

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Mick, I can only laugh at the visualization. I'm sure it was some thing other than funny that night.

NY Linda
Knows the area

Post by NY Linda »

Nicholas and Mick - Yikes! I thought the one my cat left in my shoe was horrible enough.

SouthernLady
Forgotten more than most know

Post by SouthernLady »

I had a mouse run out from my linen closet the other night while I was umm... Visiting the restroom. My dog turned into a cat and followed it until it went down the ash dump of the parlor fireplace. Seems they have started sneaking up the ash dumps. Nice.

That might be why I am now being examined to rule out a mini stroke at 28! They'll do it to ya...