Searching for Old Doors on Craigslist can be CrAzY! (Psycho)

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. This was the place where most discussions occurred.
Banner
Just Arrived

Searching for Old Doors on Craigslist can be CrAzY! (Psycho)

Post by Banner »

Hi fellow old house lovers,

As some of you may know I spend a fair amount of time searching Craigslist, mostly for toilets butt that's another story. About a month ago I was looking around on Craigslist in the Antique section. While there I saw a very large walnut Victorian door for sale. The ad title read, Own a piece of movie history. As I read their ad further it said, The original door from the Alfred Hitchcock movie, "Psycho". This was the door used on the front of the Bates Motel. I loved the style of the door I thought I might be able to use it here on the Vincent house. I didn't really believe that it could actually be the front door to the Bates' motel, used in the movie. I was right, it wasn't the door to the motel, it was the front door to the Bates' house. After I bought it and after some time consuming research I discovered that this was the front door to the World famous "Psycho House". I contacted a company that specializes in Hollywood memorabilia and about 3 weeks ago now 2 close friends and I drove the door from Wisconsin to their location in Hollywood, CA where it will be auctioned to the highest bidder on Sept 30th. How did it get to Wisconsin and where had it been all these years you ask. About 15 years ago a funeral director bought the door from a dealer in LA and had the door shipped to Wisconsin where he installed it on the front of his Funeral home. You know because why have mom's memorial service at the Nelson-Chapman funeral home when you can have it at that place with the cool Psycho door!

So to make things even more exciting and because the stars are apparently aligned over me, Turner Classic Movies is re-releasing a re-mastered version of Psycho just one week before the door goes up on the block. Talk about timing! Wish me luck!
Remastered PSYCHO in Theaters Sept 20th and 23rd CLICK HERE!

If you are looking for an old door with some pretty cool history, feel free to place your bid!

Profiles In History AUCTION #74 Page 331

Profiles In History, Hollywood Auction #74, Page 331 CLICK HERE!

Lot 906: Front door to Norman Bates’ Victorian home in Psycho. CLICK HERE!

Loaded and ready to drive it home from Rib Lake, WI (The Funeral Home)
Just after I got it home
Ready for the Psycho Tour
Transporting the Psycho Door across the American West.
Arrival at Profiles in History
Scenes from the movie and the trailer, with Alfred Hitchcock.
[BBvideo 425,350]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps8H3rg5GfM[/BBvideo]

Keep searching on Craigslist, you might find something CrAzY! (Psycho)

Banner (Dan)