Pics of the house

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. This was the place where most discussions occurred.
mattswabb
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Re: Pics of the house

Post by mattswabb »

Eventually I will build something more fitting. The original had a sandstone foundation like the house and was 2 stories. It was the same width and came out about 1/3 of the deck size. The original was removed in the 90's.

I won't be able to do the foundation the same but I'm thinking 3 levels. A small porch right off the back kitchen door with an upper level. Then steps to a lower level that then leads to the yard. We don't have any steps to the backyard.

I still don't have any pics of the original porch but I can see the upper railing a little bit in my 1912 pic of the house.

BungalowMo
Been here a good while

Post by BungalowMo »

Matt, your house looks so nice!! So envious. :0)

Did you paint your storm frames? I love how they just blend in! Don't even notice they're there.
~ Maureen
1916-ish Craftsman Bungalow

mattswabb
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by mattswabb »

Yes. Some are aluminum triple track, some are vinyl triple track and some are wood. I painted them all the sash color.

Kansas.1911
Stalwart

Post by Kansas.1911 »

Handsome, handsome. The house is a looker. The plantings are mature and healthy. Our daughter had to rehome three groundhogs (whistle pigs). She has nothing kind to say about them.
Northeast Kansas
American Foursquare

pappster85
Settling in

Post by pappster85 »

What a fantastic looking home! After all of the sweat, blood, tears, cuts, scrapes, cursing, and late nights driven by coffee it all feels justified when you stand back and say damn, I did this! Owners of old homes know a joy unknown by those who are stuck on weekend HGTV projects. :-)

Mick_VT

Post by Mick_VT »

Hey Pappster85, most of us have migrated to www.thehistoricdistrict.org, come join us!
Mick...