Fishscale gable question

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. This was the place where most discussions occurred.
Don M

Re: Fishscale gable question

Post by Don M »

These are all fun & interesting mysteries & speculation! ;)

phil
Has many leather bound books

Post by phil »

seems like there are some fishscale ones missing just above the red box, maybe just the ones near the roof were replaced, it makes sense that they would get into your attic only when the roofing was being replaced.

those gable ends look pretty well protected so I wonder if they are in fact original even thought fishscale is more of what we think of as Victorian I mean they were readily available them so maybe it was just a nice feature?

Vala

Post by Vala »

Well I was up on the ladder today pulling off the rest of the aluminum off of the eaves exposing my beadboard. I checked those gable end corners where they now meet with roofing shingles, and they had cut off the ends to do that new roof thing so it had originally extended all the way down and had fishscales like I had thought.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Vala, now you have a decision to make. To fish scale or not? Is it nobler in the hart to suffer the slings and arrows of grave unfish scaling ............

Vala

Post by Vala »

Yea definately fishscales. But with all my other projects ongoing, I'm not sure how long until that will happen.