Abandoned America Blog - Ruins of American Homes

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. This was the place where most discussions occurred.
historicalwork
Been here a good while

Abandoned America Blog - Ruins of American Homes

Post by historicalwork »

I follow this blog given the very interesting pictures. I saw this posting about "Ruins of American Homes". I thought it was interesting and sad at the same time.

http://www.abandonedamerica.us/abandoned-homes

kelt65
Stalwart

Re: Abandoned America Blog - Ruins of American Homes

Post by kelt65 »

Very sad. Are most of those from Detroit? It looks like whole abandoned neighborhoods in many of them.

pqtex
Been here a while

Post by pqtex »

I follow Abandoned America on facebook. I believe many of his subjects are in the northeast. Very interesting work

Jeepnstein
Been here a good while

Post by Jeepnstein »

We're losing our old houses at a rate that makes my head spin. This is the boyhood home of a very good friend. He took the photo last week. It sits on a lot that could only be described as beautiful. That's the sad thing about Appalachian life. We live in one of the most beautiful places on Earth and just can't catch a break. Oh well. At least it's green and smells good up there.

It's only been a few years and already it's being reclaimed. Copper thieves and addicts have gutted it. I'd imagine it could be bought for WAY less than $10,000. What a bargain.