My house in the 80's

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. This was the place where most discussions occurred.
mattswabb
Shakes a cane at new house owners

My house in the 80's

Post by mattswabb »

I received a bunch of neighborhood pics from the 80's today from the historical society. Here's a pic of mine. It had bars on the porch windows, a drug dealer lived in the house then. The bars are now inside on the 4 large basement windows. The original sidelights are still there in this pic. Parking in the yards was common back then and some of the houses even had concrete poured by Block Grant Funds and then removed by the funds later.

This was before the house was bought in 1990. That guy did some restoration work and stabilized the house. He passed away and the owner in the early 2000's to 2009 did nothing.

And now

And the rental house next door that was demolished for an overflow parking lot.

Gothichome

Re: My house in the 80's

Post by Gothichome »

Matt, the home that was torn down sat on what is now the school parking lot? Also the drug dealer wasn't so good. Looks like he drove a chevette. Not the best of getaway cars.

mattswabb
Shakes a cane at new house owners

Post by mattswabb »

When we researched the house the owners son popped up a lot in the police blotter reports. There was even a rape reported here.

Yes that was torn down for the parking lot. It was a slumlord owned property and if it had been there when our house was for sale we never would have considered it. So with that loss we saved this one.

Gothichome

Post by Gothichome »

Some homes live hard lives then die. Others live a hard life and get saved. Yours found a great saviour.