Looking at old houses

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. This was the place where most discussions occurred.
TexasRed
Been here a good while

Looking at old houses

Post by TexasRed »

Gosh, so much time has passed since I have posted here. Life got in the way ;) and now retirement has changed up the routine a lot.

Enjoyed a recent extended trip to our country property in Texas. Had a wonderful time except DH was bitten by a rattlesnake. That's a story for another time.. He is getting better every day, it's been 35 days since "the event".

Anyway, while there we realized the property would be an ginormous amount of work. Redoing the house doesn't scare me at all, but the land, the barns etc. :shock: While I love the idea of the peace and quite of 1,000 acres, we just aren't sure we want to take on such a task. (Not sure I could bring myself to sell the land though). As a possible alternative to living on my family's homestead, decided to wrangle up a realtor and go look at century homes that are on the market.

I know how you all love pictures, so thought I'd share a few of our favorites. Enjoy!

First House is wonderful, built in 1906. Sadly, has had some terrible "improvements" over the years. It has been on the market for a year. Now that I have seen it, I understand why. It has major potential but would require the most work to restore. It’s best feature is the original windows - every one of them!
Attachments
9th Street  #1.jpg
9th Street #1.jpg (158.2 KiB) Viewed 968 times
9th Street  #2.jpg
9th Street #2.jpg (159.31 KiB) Viewed 968 times
9th Street  #3.jpg
9th Street #3.jpg (115.84 KiB) Viewed 968 times
James Jefferson Erwin house, 1905