make your own flooring from paper bags?

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. This was the place where most discussions occurred.
phil
Has many leather bound books

make your own flooring from paper bags?

Post by phil »

My brother pointed this technique out, a cheap flooring solution, you basicly crumple and tear up old paper bags, saturate that with glue and end up with a fairly interesting floor that looks something like cork.. It is a bit like decoupage too so I could imagine how one could use wallpaper and things to create all kinds of patterns and things..

I have a cork floor in my living room, I have never completely uncovered it, someone painted flowers and things on it.. I can't wait to tear the carpet up and see it but I think I will wait as I am planning some renos, putting insulation in etc,, I actually want to refinish the fir floor in there but the cork has me wondering ..

now you could incorporate a number of things , just like decoupage.. I found it interesting and it would be neat to experiment with. My bro bought a gallon of glue so I guess he is going to try some experiments. I think the idea seems interesting, creative, environmentally friendly and fits the budget nicely !

http://lilliedale.blogspot.ca/2010/04/p ... oring.html