New Windows ?

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. This was the place where most discussions occurred.
HB2
Knows the area

Re: New Windows ?

Post by HB2 »

If this wasn;t replacement of modern windows, we would not be having this discussion.

I actually went to the marvin dealer and looked at thier stuff and it looks pretty good. For $800 I can get a true diveded light window that is not constructed of finger jointed wood, comes with single pane glass that I can replace if there's a problem(stray baseball anyone/?) and they will fit the rough openings that exist on this part of the house.

RE the engergy efficiency of the new windows - you should have seen the guy's head just about explode when I was adamant that the single pane glass was what I wanted. (he idn;t even know that they offered that option) The double paned glass is there biggest selling point and here I am specifically trying to avoid it. He had no other talking points to go to.

I love it when I know more about the product than the sales guy.

Thanks fo rall the input, I appreciate the help.

HB
"The Lord hates a coward......"

Faust (WavyGlass)
Settling in

Post by Faust (WavyGlass) »

I have a pair of Marvin, 6 over 9, true divided light that I picked up at auction. Unfortunately, they are thermopane. I have had them in for about a year, I am quite pleased. Since they didn't come with paperwork, I had to go to the Marvin site to find out how to remove the sash.

tjcoffice
Just Arrived

Post by tjcoffice »

The local university (UT at San Antonio) did a study of the insulated windows here in South Central Texas. They found that they would take 20 years to pay for themselves. Since the life expectancy is only 20 years, they recommend keeping and rehabbing old windows.