cool old book

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. This was the place where most discussions occurred.
phil
Has many leather bound books

cool old book

Post by phil »

You guys will like this book, its old has many recipes for almost anything you'd like to do or make on the homestead. want to keep your eggs good for a year without a fridge it will tell you, what to look for when buying a horse, making paint, self medication, ok some of that is a bit "out there" but it is a great resource.

http://ia700209.us.archive.org/4/items/ ... 01chas.pdf

Neighmond

Re: cool old book

Post by Neighmond »

That bad boy was in print a good many years-I have the 1920 edition, and it is just as good.

pqtex
Been here a while

Post by pqtex »

Interesting! I scrolled through it and discovered another use for linseed oil (goes into a poultice for bee stings) and turpentine (added to chloroform to help prevent chloroform accidents!). Actually, this book is of great interest to me because as time goes by on my old family homestead, I find myself doing more and more things the "old" way. Don't think I need the chloroform/turpentine cure though! lol!

Wackyshack
Forgotten more than most know

Post by Wackyshack »

this book is a gem...we are trying out a few things.... how to keep water hot with an oil lamp.....
If everything is coming your way..... You're in the WRONG lane!!!

Neighmond

Post by Neighmond »

There is a book called "parson's" that is just as good.