End Tables

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. This was the place where most discussions occurred.
cat2014
Knows the area

End Tables

Post by cat2014 »

SHOW ME YOUR END TABLES!! :D I want (ok, would like to eventually) replace my living room store bought end tables (purchased 25 years ago) with some really nice antique tables - on the colonial/arts and crafts side. Do they have to match? What I have now are very nice J.C.Penny Colonial style (oak) tables, but not crazy about them anymore and want to get more antique furniture for the living room. Opinions? Thoughts? Save my money? :lol: Thanks and Happy New Year!
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one......John Lennon

lisascenic
Stalwart

Re: End Tables

Post by lisascenic »

Here's mine. We bought it at an estate sale. All four glass sides open (downward). We're baffled about what it had been used for. Maybe a ballot box???

[img=center]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6209/6042845111_dcd172c395.jpg[/img]

lisascenic
Stalwart

Post by lisascenic »

[img=center]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8075/8308678192_4ef52d2725.jpg[/img]

I was just reminded that we have another "end table." Our living room is in a bit of disarray, because of the Xmas tree, but you can see the little table in front of the spinning wheel.

It's an octagonal oak Mission style piece that you can find plans for in old furniture books. And here's my dirty little secret....It was given to me for free by the housekeeper at an estate sale.

Neighmond

Post by Neighmond »

I have a little babby house, so my end tables are small. Here is the one in the front room, shortly after being pulled from the barn and wiped down with oil.
End Table.jpg
End Table.jpg (225.44 KiB) Viewed 754 times

I also use a treadle sewing machine, and when folded up, it makes a decent small table for a lamp to set on.

lisascenic
Stalwart

Post by lisascenic »

What a beautiful little table! Neighmond--'just realized what your probably looking for is an Arts & Crafts tabouret. Try a picture search with that term and you'll see a lot of possibilities.

shazapple
Stalwart

Post by shazapple »

We have a nesting end table with the tops made out of birds eye maple.

IMG_2078 (Small).JPG
IMG_2078 (Small).JPG (54.96 KiB) Viewed 737 times
Lee
1900 1.5 Story Cottage

cat2014
Knows the area

Post by cat2014 »

Thanks for the pics, so far. I just bought a leather top end table - a different kind, though, with what looks like a spot for books on either end and then on the top, there is a copper insert for plants (?). The other one is a 3 tier table - never saw one like this, either. If I wasn't so techno-inept I would post pics of these.
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one......John Lennon

Kansas.1911
Stalwart

Post by Kansas.1911 »

I have an end table, but somebody told me it was a kneeling table (?) for reading one's Bible. the table has a slight slant. Anybody heard of these? Or the official name for it?
Northeast Kansas
American Foursquare