Free to a good home

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. This was the place where most discussions occurred.
Neighmond

Free to a good home

Post by Neighmond »

I have several 1940's to 1960's white sculpted plastic switch and outlet covers I would like to adopt out to a good home-I am putting push-button switches and brown plastic outlets back in.

Also, I would like some brown plastic outlet covers if anyone has any to spare. PM me with details.

Cheers!
Chaz

Sooth (WavyGlass)
Knows the area

Re: Free to a good home

Post by Sooth (WavyGlass) »

I might have a source for some old brown plastic outlet covers (plugs only, no switches). These are the older style, probably from the 60s or 70s, and they are new with screws. They're in a local second hand store, and I think they have a whole box of them. Do you know how many you need?

Neighmond

Post by Neighmond »

Are they the Bakelite ones with the designs cast into them? I need about 10-15. How much do they want? Can you get a picture?

Thanks!

Sooth (WavyGlass)
Knows the area

I doubt they want much for them (since no one around here wants those anymore). I can probably get the entire pile of them for a few bucks.

They are patterned, but I looked on Google Images and I'm not sure if they are the partially striped variety or the ones that have a bit of a border. They were definitely textured and not smooth. The fun part is that they are still new with the screws, which is very hard to find. I had no use for them, but I was hoping I might find someone (old house lover) who might need them.

I'm currently off work, so I can go have a look, count how many they have, and grab a photo.

Sooth (WavyGlass)
Knows the area

Hi again, sorry to be the bearer of bad news/dashing your hopes, but I was totally wrong about the plates (it seems as though I have a pretty bad memory). They did have a bunch of plates in a box, but there were much fewer than I thought.... and they were all beige except for the ONE brown one still in its original packaging.

I didn't get it since it's not a pattern that I've seen very often when I had googled "brown outlet cover" last week (so it could be one that's hard to match), so if you *do* want it, just let me know.

[img=left]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Xu7f8yaBWWk/UJHzNB4jG_I/AAAAAAAABww/8QakrQAEfKQ/s800/PA200500.jpg[/img]

EDIT: If you do find a specific plate pattern that you want, please let me know. There is a Habitat Re-Store just out of town that I go to (rarely) and I know they had several boxes of old plates. I'd be happy to rummage through those for you. I think they sell them for 0.25$ or around that (pretty cheap).

Neighmond

Post by Neighmond »

Thanks for all the running around! I'll post pictures this evening.

Cheers!
Chaz