i'm a newbie.......

Part of the former WavyGlass.org site. This was the place where most discussions occurred.
heartwood

Re: i'm a newbie.......

Post by heartwood »

eric, no it was csnyder who chose the name without any urging by me! good choice, don't you think?

ha, my business email signiture includes this line: 'you can see right through our work'...

...jade

Texas_Ranger
Knows where blueprints are hidden

Post by Texas_Ranger »

Apparently we managed to REALLY p*** off the OHW people by founding this site... wonder why there was such a sudden allergic reaction after weeks of nothing!

csnyder (WavyGlass)
Knows the back streets

Post by csnyder (WavyGlass) »

It looks like at least one of the mods over there was uncomfortable with posts advertising a "competing" site. I can understand their concern, and wish them no ill will. I think everyone here would love to see OHW restored to its thriving self, but I do not hold high hopes that it will occur.
1916 Craftsman
Image Image

Vined Porch
Settling in

Post by Vined Porch »

Just wanted to say hello and to say that I love the look of this site.

Although my husband and I are still looking for our 'dream' old house we are currently in a 1930's 'cape cod style' home that has had some serious neglect and odd DIY by previous owners over the last 40 years and is/has presented many challenges :)

I look forward to following these forums and hopefully asking lots of questions when we finally find the right home!

shazapple
Stalwart

Post by shazapple »

csnyder wrote:It looks like at least one of the mods over there was uncomfortable with posts advertising a "competing" site. I can understand their concern, and wish them no ill will. I think everyone here would love to see OHW restored to its thriving self, but I do not hold high hopes that it will occur.

Agreed, they're just acting in lieu of the owner. I know when I started some of my own forums it was always wise to ask the owner of a 'competing' site before I posted.

The big advantage to this place is that the registration is open but spam resistant :)
Lee
1900 1.5 Story Cottage

nezwick
Knows the area

Post by nezwick »

nezwick checking in. I don't post much these days (too busy) but I'm going to stay active on both sites.

cat2014
Knows the area

Post by cat2014 »

Hi and love the name as well. Just wanted to say I'm here as well, from the "other" board....don't post much either as I don't have an old house, so to speak (40 years) but love listening and learning from all the old house people. (plus a voyer of old house pics). :oops:
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one......John Lennon

pqtex
Been here a while

Post by pqtex »

Hello everyone!!!

I also kept my same screen name so you'd know who you were talking to! This could be a fun place to share and learn. I'm pledging to help keep it upbeat and fun, and won't have anything but positive things to say about the place that got us all together in the first place.

The Brag Book looks like an awesome idea. I have some wonderful family history to share about my house, which was built in 1913 by my great-grandparents. I'm the 4th generation to own it, and counting my nephew, five generations have actually lived here. I don't have time to post to the Brag Book today because I'm getting ready for something fun that I will share with you all in a few days. 8-)

Welcome everyone, good to see you here--

Here's a toast to Old and New friends!

Jill

Superbeetle
Been here a while

Post by Superbeetle »

Yay! I'm so glad to see this. As I mentioned on the other site, I'm glad to contribute to upkeep costs. Just let us know what is needed!

pqtex
Been here a while

Post by pqtex »

heartwood wrote:ha, my business email signiture includes this line: 'you can see right through our work'...

...jade

Priceless! 8-)